Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
todd23
Blue Screen Again
Views: 924
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Wireless card Error NL8MB1000 Motherboard

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Laptop that I bought a new motherboard (NL8MB1000) for, I put it together and when I start it up says the following Unsupported wireless network device detected.  System halted

I put the wireless card I had in my old motherboard so I know it works. What is funny if I put it into the other slot which it for the two wires it don't have the error do I have it wrong ?

See pictures 1 the error 2 the cards how I have them with the error

Thank you

P.S.. I have  looked around to see if I could find the correct location for the two different cards

System 2.0 Ghz

1 gig memory

no hard drive yet
will be vista

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 887
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Wireless card Error NL8MB1000 Motherboard

hi todd23,

The two mini PCI-E slots on the Lenovo Y510 are for the following devices:

WLAN module - 3 antennas

3G/TV module - 2 antennas

In this thread, it's discussed that the Lenovo Y510 has a whitelist that restricts unsupported WLAN module on a specific mini PCI-E slot. Inserting an unsupported card will give you the "Unsupported wireless network device detected" error message.

It's possible that the 3G/TV mini PCI-E slot doesn't have a restriction while the WLAN slot does.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

todd23
Blue Screen Again
Views: 877
Message 3 of 5

so if i was to put the card into the other slot the Wireless sould work there to as i am not planning to have a tv on this machine

so should i use the other slot?

Thank you for the reply

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 868
Message 4 of 5

hi todd23,

Yes, you can use the other mini PCI-E slots with 2 antennas as it supports the data signaling of your WLAN card (although some WLAN modules that requires 3 antennas may not function correctly using only 2 antennas)

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

todd23
Blue Screen Again
Views: 857
Message 5 of 5

Than you that helped me alot now i found my mouse is not working I installed Windows 7 and a external mouse works maybe it is the pad or cable will take it apart again to see if not maybe i will have to stick with windows Vista and try to see if i can read the OEM key

Than you again  for the help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors