Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agithan
Punch Card
Views: 5,746
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P- Headphone Jack Problems

Hi there!

The headphone jack on my new Ideapad Y510P laptop seems to have problems whenever I plug in my headphones into it. The sound usually comes out of only the left bud until I twist and turn the jack and then the sound comes out of both buds. Would you guys happen to know of a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for a reply Smiley Very Happy

Guru
Views: 5,682
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y510P- Headphone Jack Problems

Did you try using other headphones? The plug is usually the culprit in those cases.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Agithan
Punch Card
Views: 5,668
Message 3 of 9

I have tried 3 different headphones and all of them had the same result: the left bud initially was the only one working until I rotated the plug a bit and then both buds would work. Thanks for the reply. 

Guru
Views: 5,662
Message 4 of 9

Looks like physical damage to the socket then. Not much you can do other than having it checked under warranty or fixing by yourself.

Just to make sure could you check your balance is set right in Windows? Assuming you have W7 right click on speaker in taskbar-> select speakers -> properties -> levels tab -> Balance. Even if it is set correctly try playing music, then rotate your plug so it works, and then try to change those values. Sometimes the connectors touch each other, and even though you hear the output on both headphones the sound is really from the same channel.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
bhenders
What's DOS?
Views: 5,452
Message 5 of 9

I'm having the same problem with my new Y510P - have tried 4 different headphones that definitely work with other devices. I can only get audio from one side or the other. Am going to contact Lenovo tomorrow.

jeremy_geotauto
What's DOS?
Views: 5,354
Message 6 of 9

same problem here, just bought it back BTW, it appears that only the left side of my ear phone is working properly & i need to do the twisting S#I+ too......any solution?.....kindly reply please, thanks

Agithan
Punch Card
Views: 5,329
Message 7 of 9

Did you plug the headphones in all the way in the audio jack? That seemed to be the problem for me as I thought that the plug wouldn't go all the way in by default. 

mavro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,047
Message 8 of 9

same here its indeed the jack of you play with it the sound comes back balanced really poor quality control

volcan87
What's DOS?
Views: 3,449
Message 9 of 9

HI everyone,

i register special for reply on this so please apreceate this btw(sorry for my bad english)/

I have same problems with headphones the reason was factory defect which occur many times in Acer Laptops(I was worked in this company some time).

How to check and fix?

1. take thin screw driver and kind of flash light

2. compare microphone and headphone output

3.after compare you should see small diference , badge(small metal) protrudes more than should(you compare outputs remember?)

4.use screwdriver and gently press badge (reduce the hump)

5.now after use some force your headphone input jack shoud go full in laptop output.

I do it by myself this is is work please remember do it slow you have time Smiley Wink

Also remember that headphones input jack have 3,5 mm and in specyfication of laptop headphone output have also 

3,5 mm so this must fitSmiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors