IN

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck at logo screen at boot

2019-06-29, 22:09 PM

Hello,

Lenovo Ideapad stuck when booting at the Lenovo logo. No beeps. Not responding to F1, F2, F10, F12 or Del keys being tapped at boot.

Power button and keyboard light up.

Tried booting from USB using a bootable stick - didn't happen, boot still stops at the Lenovo logo.

I'm familiar with laptops and their innards - have tried removing and reseating RAM (and using individual modules vs both) - still stuck at the logo when trying to boot. Removing both gives me a blank black screen at boot - no logo.

Replaced RAM modules - this machine has two hard drives - both bootable; tried removing one, then the other. Still stuck at boot logo. Removed both, still stuck at boot logo.

I've prodded at nearly all the contacts inside - all seem to be intact; the motherboard is definitely receiving power.

Any suggestions would be appreciated !!!

Options

2 Posts

06-29-2019

IN

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y510P stuck at logo screen at boot

2019-06-29, 22:21 PM
Okay, I so also looked up whether the BIOS could be 'hard reset' - assuming there is a corruption in the config; and there isn't much help online. But if anyone knows how, please drop in a comment !

Now, somehow, after reattaching all parts and discovering an old microSD card in the SD adapter - inside the laptop's slot - and then removing it, my laptop is booting again !
Is this what could have caused it? I am not familiar with laptops (EFI or BIOS based) trying to boot from a memory slot. Or perhaps my prodding and putting it back together did something, Keeping this thread open in case anyone would like to weigh in on the points above!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save