Did you mean: 
pcsuen
Paper Tape
Views: 1,398
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad Y550 Colour issues

I have been using Lenovo Ideapad Y550 (OS: Windows 7 32-bit) for months,
and yesterday when I was using it,
the colour displayed on the screen suddenly turned very pale. (Not sure if I had pressed any button accidentally)
I tried adjusting the brightless but the light of screen turned duller while the colour remained very strange.
Then I adjusted the colour settings in the control panel and it turned out fine.
However when I restart the computer,
the colour displayed became very pale again after logging in for about ten seconds.
Thus now every time when I start the computer I had to colour settings in the control panel.
I have just installed the latest update on NVIDA displayer driver (NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M 258.96),
and the latest update on the lenovo power management,
but the problem remains unsolved.
What shall I do?
Thank you very much for your reply.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,291
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y550 Colour issues

sounds like possible ram or video card issue, can you post screen?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
probir
What's DOS?
Views: 1,097
Message 3 of 4

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/probir/error.jpg

see the bar, the red blobs" width="1023" height="575" />i have purchased lenovo ideapad y550 having vista x64 bit. my laptop screen has become horrible. the screen is with red blobs. this is the 2nd time the problem is coming. i had gone to service center and had lodged a complaint. they said it will take 15 days to replace the screen. but suddenly within those 15 days the screen again become normal as if no problem was there. so i called them & cancalled the complaint.

but again after 3 months the same problem has come. i thought it will again become alright and so waited for 2 months but the problem still persist.

this goes horrible while watching a video

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/probir/error1.jpg

please provide me a solution of it.

Moderator Note: Images size > 50k, converted to links.

CliffordS
Punch Card
Views: 1,081
Message 4 of 4

Two suggestions.

1) On your desktop right click and open the ATI Catalyst Control Center (or whatever controls the display settings) Click on the button that reactivates the color control settings. If this corrects the colors you have a setting in another program that loads and takes over the color settings. It may be the one-click that controls the theatre settings. Try setting the one click to normal.

2) Notebook displays need to be calibrated. I wrote an article that should help. My calibration method can be found here

CliffordS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors