Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rammbbs7
Paper Tape
Views: 1,360
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad Y560-display issues and overheating

Hi, I am a bit naive on this subject. I own a lenovo ideapad y560 and have been sleeping with hell since then. I got my main board replaced two times, because of bsod, not starting, too much over heating and infinite other display problems.

Right now, my laptop experiences bsod every five mins and sudden black out even more frequently, I dont know how healthy that is for the hard disk and others. I am still under warranty. I have difficult time understanding whats going on regarding this and someone please take time to clarify few questions of mine.

1. what does switchable graphics mean? I dont know what mine is.

2. will unofficial drivers improve the performance and reduce the problems? If so, can someone provide the LATEST link for the same and a simple guide for the same? There have been too many threads on this subject and its confusing, so a sticky thread with the latest info would help people.

3. Another sticky thread with latest official drivers and display and heating issues is very helpful. Also, I find that the plastic used for this one is pathetically weak.

4. I have updated bios, display drivers and rest to the latest, still the problem continues. Because this model has severely failed, has lenovo offered any replacement or take back in good spirit? Lenovo hasn't updated the drivers since march of 2011, Ati doesn't care to address these issues. I feel like I am cheated, my hard earned money robbed off and two incredibly stupid, agonizingly irresponsible idiots, viz Lenovo and ATI are happily producing crappiest products as I have a sleepless night here.

Thank you and hope to hear soon.

edit: after one hour, before I wanted to take back up, the laptop once again is not starting totally. I can power on the device but I cant see any display. It is for the same problem, I got my mother board changed before.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,349
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560-display issues and overheating

rammbbs7
Paper Tape
Views: 1,347
Message 3 of 4

my bsod says its a atikmpag.sys issue. I read that the only acceptable solution for this is to call lenovo and claim warranty. I had this issue already twice and got my mother board changed twice. And now its the same issue. One day or other, I will run out of warranty, is lenovo just waiting for that to happen and will keep replacing my mother boards till then? 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,323
Message 4 of 4

warranty conditions may change by country but if they need to replace the mainboard one more time, you can ask new unit.

to make sure, please, contact support line.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors