Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lprassanth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,514
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Ideapad Y560 very slow right after startup

Hello!

I have a weird problem with my Ideapad Y560 laptop (2 years old). I was wondering if any of you have a similar problem, and am seeking a possible solution.

As soon as I start the laptop up (either from a shutdown state, or a sleep state), it's very slow for about the first 3 - 4 minutes. Nothing really works or opens, it freezes for a while, and executes my mouse/keyboard inputs with a significant lag. After this 3 - 4 minute period, it works perfectly fine, responds as good/crisp as the lappy was brand new. I am unable to figure out why it behaves this way. 

I hardly ever shut the laptop down, and usually just put it to sleep. However, I have this problem (as described above) whether I switch the lappy on from a shutdown or a sleep state alike. Has anyone seen this before? Could someone please suggest possible solutions? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,501
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560 very slow right after startup

@lprassanth wrote:

Hello!

I have a weird problem with my Ideapad Y560 laptop (2 years old). I was wondering if any of you have a similar problem, and am seeking a possible solution.

As soon as I start the laptop up (either from a shutdown state, or a sleep state), it's very slow for about the first 3 - 4 minutes. Nothing really works or opens, it freezes for a while, and executes my mouse/keyboard inputs with a significant lag. After this 3 - 4 minute period, it works perfectly fine, responds as good/crisp as the lappy was brand new. I am unable to figure out why it behaves this way. 

I hardly ever shut the laptop down, and usually just put it to sleep. However, I have this problem (as described above) whether I switch the lappy on from a shutdown or a sleep state alike. Has anyone seen this before? Could someone please suggest possible solutions? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Try this to check for corrupted system files:

1. Run command prompt with administrator rights.

2. At the prompt type the following without the quotation marks: "sfc /scannow". Then press the Enter key to run it.

3. Wait unitl you see the command prompt again. Its gonna take a while so be patient.

4. See if there are error messages displayed when the command prompt appears.

Note: you may have to run sfc /scannow 2 to 3 times.

lprassanth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,485
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. I did this twice and I got a message that it "did not find any integrity violations" on either occassion. Restarted the machine. Problem persists.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,475
Message 4 of 5

@lprassanth wrote:

Thanks. I did this twice and I got a message that it "did not find any integrity violations" on either occassion. Restarted the machine. Problem persists.

Try manual Windows cleanup and then follow up with defrag.

lprassanth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,455
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the replies!

I have always had the auto defragmenter scheduled.

What did work for me was, I went to start -> run -> msconfig -> start-up tab

There were a lot of unnecessary programs there. I cleared the list to have just the system ones, and just a few other programs I most commonly use.

It's pretty snappy now straight as soon as I switch it on! Thanks Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors