Re: Battery issues, please help!!!

Was hoping of being able to downgrade it to 59*

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,537
Message 32 of 38

@ lidprasir
about battery issue, please take a look at the previous posts.

if you still have c:\bios folder, there's a file named bios.bak, rename it to bios.wph and re-flash it.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Lifprasir
Paper Tape
Views: 3,535
Message 33 of 38

I can't, because I'm only able to flash a BIOS if the battery is 30% or above. Mine is currently empty and it will not charger even though when it closed and the battery LED is flashing. :/

ross10877
What's DOS?
Views: 2,821
Message 34 of 38

I just bought a Y570 march 2012. I was having the exact same issues as the original thread starter and my machine is only a week old. I did a lot of research but ended up calling support and spending an hour and a half on the phone. The short version is we uninstalled Lenovo Energy Management and the Boot Up Helper program(sorry can't remember the exact name). It solved the problem.

Now I am using Windows' power management system. I have downloaded the latest version of lenovoa Energy Management but I haven't tried installing it to see if it happens again. i may just stick with windows. The only thing Lenovo had over the stock program was the battery life feature that kept the battery at 50%.

Hope this saves someone some time and a phone bill.

user2012
What's DOS?
Views: 2,651
Message 35 of 38

In short.... I tried the uninstall of "Lenovo Power Management" on my G770.. It works so far !!!! I got my G770 yesterday. I noticed the battery status saying " plugged in, not charging". I powered down the laptop with adapter on, overnight. This morning, the laptop still have only 48%, and the battery status still "plugged in, not charging". I tried the "enable, disable microsoft APCI "... Not worked.. I have just uninstalled the "Lenovo power management".... almost immediately, It seems to be working. I am seeing "...plugged in, charging". Right now, the battery is going up to 58%. Not sure if it will catch fire or not. I will update if anything bad happens.
mattiasdk
Paper Tape
Views: 1,799
Message 36 of 38

I have just replaced my battery in the Lenovo Ideapad U350 with a new original battery. Windows kept telling me that the battery couldn't charge, but that it had full capacity. After receiving the new battery, the message is still there on both batteries - it will not charge the batteries, and if I unplug the AC power, the computer will shut down after around 1 minute with the battery level just dropping 10% each 10 seconds.

I've been searching the internet for a solution and apparently this is a very common problem on Lenovo U350 machines. I couldn't find any 100% solution, but everybody says that the problem is due to the Microsoft ACPI Control Method battery plugin in the Device Manager. I've tried to uninstall it, but that didn't help anything.

I have now deactivated ACPI and this means that Windows can't read the actual level of power on the battery, but it doesn't shut down the computer anymore!! Both batteries are working flawlessly, so I've bought a new battery without any reason at all, it's clearly a software error...

Can anyone please tell me a solution to get the battery status back, so that I can use my laptop as normal again?

leemcalpine
What's DOS?
Views: 1,752
Message 37 of 38

Hi All,

This all seems so familliar. I have a B560. It says (plugged in, not charging) I have only used it while plugged in and it has gone down from 20% to 18% over last week.

I have done the device manager battery suggestion and uninstalled the energy management system. But still wont charge.

Little red light has now come onto front of laptop. Any suggestions? Do I need a new battery or wont that help? Cheers in advance.

waelsamy
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 38 of 38

am having the same issue here any help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors