cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schwma
What's DOS?
Views: 6,913
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad Y570 Thermal Management/One Key Theater/One Key recovery button no longer work.

Hello, 

This morning while using my laptop I found that all three of the previously mentioned buttons no longer work. The Thermal Management is now stuck on the efficient thermal dissipation, I am no longer able to switch it to the super silent mode or any other option. When pressing the button the light still dims for a bit, so I know that is working, it is the same with the One Key Theater. I have tried restoring to a earlier system point, uninstalling and re installing One Key Theater and the Energy Management, and I have tried to launch the One Key Theater from the start bar, I am able to launch and close the program, however I am not able to switch between any of the options.

Are there any fixes for this problem? Or is there at least a way to revert thermal management to the normal option so I don't have to constantly hear the loud fan? I will not be able to send the laptop into customer service as I need the laptop for the next 8 months, and I have only had the laptop for less than a month so a hardware malfunction seems unlikely.

Thank you.

Edit: I can change between the One Key theater settings manually, so the only problem I have is the thermal management, if there was anyway to do that through the desktop I would be fine. 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 6,788
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y570 Thermal Management/One Key Theater/One Key recovery button no longer work.

press f8 to load "last known good configuration" when you see lenovo logo at start-up. if it doesn't work, performing clean windows installation helps if it's software issue.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
teslacannon
What's DOS?
Views: 6,472
Message 3 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y570 Thermal Management/One Key Theater/One Key recovery button no longer work.

I have the same problem. I may have screwed something up as I was poking around though. I deleted the D: partition and played around with my own partitions just before they stopped working. Other than that, I can't think of anything I did that would mess it up. I tried what the first response said by loading the last known good config, but it didn't work.

nond95
Paper Tape
Views: 5,883
Message 4 of 6

I have had this problem before and I'm not sure whether what I did was correct or not but it fixed the problem.

Here's what I did:

1.shut down the laptop.

2.remove the charging cable if it's connected.

3.take out the battery and wait for about 10 seconds.

4.put the battery back and turn on your laptop.

I hope that helps.

fiesta
802.11n
Views: 5,873
Message 5 of 6

"Addition to nond95's tip:

-Keep power button pressed continuously for those 10-15 seconds in order to flush out any static.-
vilios
Paper Tape
Views: 5,077
Message 6 of 6

kudos to You, pal.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors