Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambushka
Paper Tape
Views: 511
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad Y570 - worst purchase of my life

As title says. I got this laptop 1 year ago.

I have the i3 version of it (i3 2,1ghz, gt555m, 4gb ddr3 ram). Now I know the i3 processor is not a beast and I shouldn't expect it to run everything but really. I can't run ANY games that came out in the last 5 years without it being choppy.

I have tried everything: setting the processor to 99% max, having the "Best battery health" option in the Lenovo Energy Management, nothing.

I'm playing games like Counter-Strike Source and the ONLY way to have 60fps is if I play the game in 800x600 or 640x480.

Anyone else has this problem?

Metroid_III
Punch Card
Views: 441
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y570 - worst purchase of my life

You're judging too quickly. You really think a laptop with a dedicated GPU would struggle to play Counter-Strike?? Smiley Surprised

The simple answer is that all your games are running on the integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics instead of the dedicated Nvidia GT 555M graphics. You should go to the Nvidia Control Panel and set the games you want played on the GT 555m to run on the "High Performance" GPU. Then go back and crank up the settings as high as you want, a GT 555M can max most modern games at 1366x768 resolution Smiley Tongue

ambushka
Paper Tape
Views: 404
Message 3 of 6

You think that I didn't know about this after owning the laptop for over a year? Smiley Happy

That's not the problem.

sn0wie1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 397
Message 4 of 6

he's talking source, not 1.6
Metroid_III
Punch Card
Views: 377
Message 5 of 6

So I guess you've tried re-installing the OS and drivers, updating to the newest Nvidia graphics drivers, using GPU-Z to affirm if the dedicated card is running with load while you're gaming, checking your memory usage, etc.

If you've gone through all this, I'd say you should have utilized your warranty or return policy a long time ago.

alansc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 220
Message 6 of 6

I also have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y5xx series notebook. These are the problems I've encountered:

1. The keyboard shorts out. It will duplicate keystrokes often. The keyboard is pretty much unusuable

2. The trackpad buttons require so much pressure to activate that they often will move the mouse cursor off the object to be clicked on. Again, another unusable input device.

3. The mSATA SSD chip completely fried itself out after three months. Had to replace it.

4. The laptop decided to hang one day. Then, when trying to reboot, got errors about the BCD file being missing. Tried to run the recovery tools that come w/ Windows 8.1, but wasn't able to fix this at all.

This is, bar none, the worst laptop on the market today. You will have to fix major issues with this computer at least 3-4 times a year. Lenovo has decided to cheap out on its components, introducing shoddier, unreliable input devices, such as their cheap chiclet keyboard and substandard trackpad, in order to reduce costs. They no longer target the business user and it isn't a surprise that companies are now staying away from this company, turning to Dell and Apple for devices that work.

The only thing you can do at this point is sell this abysmal Lenovo Ideapad at a loss. Their customer service is either terrible or nonexistant. Don't expect them to be able to fix bad hardware choices they made.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors