Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
earlrdion
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15 Touch - 80NW0015US

For your infomation:  7 April 2016   Amazon price $1,194.99

Lenovo website does not specify what type of hard drive it comes with weither it is 2.5 ssd or M.2 ssd.  I did call Lenovo prior to purchasing my computer to ask what type of drive it came with the sales staff told me it was a 2.5 inch ssd which turns out to be wrong.   This laptop comes with a 500 GB M.2 ssd.  It does not include the cable for the second hard drive,    Your choice of 2.5 hd or 2.5 ssd. 

As of yet you cannot purchase the cable thru Lenovo parts department.    The cable can be gotten thru AliExpress for around $49.00 (which does not include the hard drive caddy).  Encompass also sales the cable but as of this time is back ordered to July 2016  at a price of $10 plus shipping.  aslo does not come with the hard drive caddy. 

My computer had a bug when using it,  windows exprorer service stopped working and I had to go to the task manager to restart the service.  But after I went to windows update and downloaded the lastest updates this bug did not show up again.  The best i can guess is not the fault of Lenovo.     

The hard drive is partitioned into 5 drives which include boot, driver back-up, one button recovery and two additional Lenovo reserved partitions.  This does eat-up additional harddrive space.  It comes with Windows 10 home edition.  I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition but it would not upgrade unless I deleted all of the  hard drive partitions.  Before doing so i copied the back-up drivers to a usb drive.  For whatever reason the wifi driver was not in the folder and I downloaded from the Lenovo site directly.  There is a Youtube video showing how to install an attitional hard drive weither its a m.2 or 2.5 inch ssd.  It also shows how to upgrade the ram and its location , just make sure its ddr4 and compatible with the manufactures specifications.  From my research the laptop can be upgraded up to 32 gb of ram, two 16 gb sticks. 

The red back lighted keys are a plus when typing in a dark enviroment.  The only feature which the computer did not come with which I wanted was a finger print scanner for more secure logins.  The screen besel could have been skinner for my taste like the dell xps 15.  Over all its a good looking laptop. 

Top Kudoed Authors