cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethsin85
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,534
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Touch Screen Flickering!

Looking for a fix to this screen flickering issue on my Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Touch Screen Notebook.

I took it to the Service Center and the technicians there changed the LCD cable that connects the screen with the motherboard. Still, The problem persists.

The engineers over there do not seem to have a clue whether this problem is Hardware or Software and I don't wish to unnecessary get my machine disassembled again.

This flicker does not happen continuously though. My notebook works fine if i keep it unmoved on the desk. But the moment i try to adjust the lid or move my notebook around, the flickering starts. To stop it, I simply put my machine on sleep mode or close the lid for 5 odd minutes. Upon wake up, The Screen again appears to work fine minus any flicker.

Would appreciate any help in this regard.

I have also captured a Video of the problem. Please Refer: http://youtu.be/kp12dYt6OWE

k2goldsworthy
What's DOS?
Views: 2,167
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z500 Touch Screen Flickering!

I am having the same problem.  The screen, it seems to be the touch screen like someone is touching it, Also, magnifies in and out.  If I move the laptop, or the screen that can cause it to start.  Or it just starts by its self, if I leave it on, when I come back it flickering.  I have to close it down and start all over again.

I took it to a shop, they tried a few things but couldn't fix it, some suggestions: they thought it might be something to do with the graphics?? Maybe!  

If anybody has this problem and sloved it, be really good to hear from you.

Vikash2009
What's DOS?
Views: 1,456
Message 3 of 6

Me too facing yhe same issue.. if someone from lenovo support can tell the solution for this.. it will help..
RamanK
What's DOS?
Views: 1,436
Message 4 of 6

Lenovo doesn't seem to have any answer for this problem. I faced this issue just after two months of buying the laptop. Initially i tried multiple options assuming that it's a software problem. However, as initially my laptop was in warranty period. i submitted it to lenovo support center. They replaced the whole touchscreen. However, i have started facing this issue again after 8 months with the new screen. This is despite the fact that i use my laptop very occassionally. Had i have used this laptop more often, this laptop would have been even more frustating.

Guilhem
What's DOS?
Views: 1,410
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the youtube video, I have exactly the same problem on my ideapad Z500 touch. When it happens any screen touch oy keyboard action is useless. The only thing I can do is pressing the power button, so the laptop goes in sleep mode. Only then pressing the power button again, and it goes back to normal behavior for some time. The laptop mainly stays on a desk. This problem is very annoying.

Guilhem
What's DOS?
Views: 1,213
Message 6 of 6

The only way I could use my Z500 touch is to desactivate the "tactile" screen diver in the peripherals/device manager.

Upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 did not resolve this issue either.

Hence, no touch for the ideapad z500 touch!

Top Kudoed Authors