cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merovingi0
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 185
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Z510 controller incompatible with Sandisk Ultra II ?

Good morning, i have buy a Sandisk Ultra II 1 Tb, 1/2 years ago, installed into my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 removing the old glorious SSHD.

SSD work good during 1/2 yearswith Windows 10. Last week after an upgrade of Avira (3-4 day after Meltdows microsoft patch) i found my notebook crashed with BSOD screen that says inacessible boot device. Pushing a button start restoring page of Windows. Work prompt, restart. Do not work windows safe mode, restore recovery point, automatic restore starting. Not i try to save my data before try restore windows 10 or format all and install OS.Restartin PC after see that Windows Safe mode do not work i try to see what happen into Bios. Here i found boot set on legacy boot (normally was on UEFI). After have changed boot to UEFI i see that there are now SSD Sandisk Ultra II showed by bios.

I try anyway to start notebook with UEFI and the PC cant start... it show a blue/white windows (like old windows 95 setup) with error "default boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery mdia and hit any key then select boot manager to chose a new boot device or to boot recovery media".

Fortunately my Lenovo notebook have a reset button and with it i can restart bios and change boot to Legacy boot parameter. Outside my notebook the SSD work, like external hard drive with another notebook.

I ask what happen on Microsoft forum.

They says that Sandisk Ultra II is incompatible with Lenovo controller (think SATA controller). But last 1,5 years SSD work fine. Then i have never know that exist incompatible controller for SSD.

But after three/four years can be that my lenovo sata controller it's breaking. This can explains what happen? I can do some test to verify Sata controller? i can repair it?

Thanks for help

Merovingi0
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 127
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z510 controller incompatible with Sandisk Ultra II ?

i find a solution:

1) use a restoration point if before maked

2) install a new WIN10 system after backup

and change OS, becouse WIN10 is very bad...

^,^'''

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors