Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tek460
Paper Tape
Views: 843
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Z570 (MN: 20095) corrupt BIOS

Couple days ago, my hard drive went bad and I installed new hard drive and Windows 10. In addition, I try to update BIOS to the latest software (45CN38WW.exe) but during update the BIOS program froze. I kept the laptop on overnight but it did not finish, so I was forced to restart Windows.

Now laptop turns on but no video on LCD. I know there is a special process to recover corrupt BIOS, with USB drive and some “Fn” keys. I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 789
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z570 (MN: 20095) corrupt BIOS

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  I would try doing a hard reset of the CMOS by unplugging the laptop, removing the main battery and then disconnecting the CMOS battery from the motherboard.  Once everything is disconnected then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to discharge any residual electrical charge on the motherboard.  This will clear the information stored in the CMOS which maybe in conflict with the newer BIOS version and is preventing boot up.

The CMOS battery is plugged into the motherboard near the memory sockets.  You maybe able to access the plug by just removing the memory cover.  The CMOS battery will have a black and red wire so it should be easy to see.  If it isn't accessible you will have to dis-assemble the laptop to gain access.  Your model's Hardware Maintenance will explain the dis-assembly as well as show the location of the round coin cell CMOS battery.   Here is a link to that manual....

https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/Z370&Z470&Z570/Le...

As for recovering the BIOS, I'm not aware that it is possible on this model.  Hopefully someone else will join the discussion that has personal experience with this. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors