cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SirHeisenBurger
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Z585 black screen after restart even without HDD, can't enter BIOS

Hi, recently my wifes Lenovo Z585(AMD APU and GPU) got the superb Windows 10 1803 update and rendered it useless. 
With Rufus I created a bootalbe ISO based on 1803, downloaded with Microsoft Media Creation tool.

I managed to  reinstall it(MBR Partition scheme), but under  installation the screen was completely black! Only managed to read the screen with a flashlight.  After boot, Win10 installed KB4284835 update which was supposed to fix the black screen issue. It did not. Just got worse. It won't even boot now.

Tried to boot from a USB Windows 7 ISO. Still have the black screen, barely visible only with my phones flash.

Now I removed the HDD and USB stick, but it still can't go to BIOS. If I remove AC Power and battery, sometimes after 30-60 minutes it boots and I can enter BIOS, or install Windows, but always goes back to back screen.

Is this an issue with the notebook, or Windows? I don't know how to solve it now. BIOS version is 60CN97WW, the newest as far as I know. 

Can someone help, please?

SirHeisenBurger
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z585 black screen after restart even without HDD, can't enter BIOS

I read that this may be related to an overheating issue. So I cleaned the internals and applied thermal paste to the GPU and CPU. It is much more quite, and much less hot. But still, without anything connected, I can only enter the BIOS, once in about 30 minutes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors