Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobfritz9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,057
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad Z710 Screen flickers while playing games

My Lenovo Ideapad Z710 (Windows 10) works just fine most of the time, but when I try to play games, first some individual pixels and as time goes on the entire screen starts flickering until it‘s almost impossible to play. If I turn off my graphics card, a NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M , it worked fine again. Now first of all, it would be nice to know whether anyone knows what the cause of this first problem is and how to fix it, as I would like to be able to use my regular graphics card when playing (enables me to play on a higher resolution). Added to that, I‘ve now noticed that on other games, there is a flickering, without the pixel flickering first, no matter whether or not I deactivate my graphics card. Anyone have an idea where this problem could stem from?

subset
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,035
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z710 Screen flickers while playing games

• First connect to an external display to isolate the malfunctioning device; is it the display or the graphics card?
  • If the issue occurs on an external display
    • Download and install graphics card managing applications for your graphics card mfg. and for intel integrated graphics.
    • Once you do this, make sure you have switchable graphics activated, then try using different refresh rates that are compatible with your monitor.
    • You can also try adjusting the resolution to one that is optimal or recommended by the gpu mfg.
    • You could try the drivers from the graphics card mfg. website instead of lenovo driver
  • If the issue does not occur on an external monitor
    • Consider adjusting settings for your specific display
    • make sure switchable graphics are activated
    • consider replacing the screen

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors