Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moryak_lexa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,320
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Ideapad Z710 Windows 7 64bit Bluetooth problems

Hi to all, I have just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Z710 without operating system. I installed a Windows 7 64bit, the one which I used before for a long time. I downloaded all the drivers from Lenovo website, and all installed pretty well. I can use WIFI, however Bluetooth does not work at all. I don't see any bluetooth in device manager and there is no tray icon of bluetooth. Moreover, I used AIDA64 software to see which bluetooth adapter is installed, however I found none. I have an Atheros 9485 wifi adapter. Do you know what it might be? I will give you all the details. Thanks beforehand.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,300
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Z710 Windows 7 64bit Bluetooth problems

hi moryak_lexa,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Looking at the Z710 HMM, the Atheros AR9485 (Liteon WB225) does show that it's Wi-Fi+BT combo chip.

- Link to picture

Can you try the following:

1. Install the Lenovo Energy Managenet driver

Lenovo Energy Management

v1.0.0.28

54.4 MB

2. When done, press Wireless key (F7 or Fn+F7) and ensure that the Bluetooth Current Status is set to ON.

- Link to picture

If the Bluetooth device is still not appearing under the Device Manager, can you try to download and run the Bluetooth Driver Installer and post the results during installation (eg. error messages, etc.)

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

moryak_lexa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,287
Message 3 of 9

Hi neokenchi,

Thank you for your answer.

I installed the manager, however the Fn+F7 turns on Airplane mode, and I cannot find such panel as was on the picture.

I have also installed Windows 8 64 bit, and the driver is installed, however it does not see bluetooth, so same as in Win 7.

Bluetooth Driver Installer said this: 

No unconfigured bluetooth devices found.
You should uninstall your existing bluetooth driver (stack) and reboot your computer.
It is recommended to unplug (or switch off) your bluetooth adapter during uninstall process.

If you still get this error, click "Report hardware configuration" bellow and e-mail results to us. This will help us to fix the problem.

You may also click "Check for updates" link to see if there is an updated version of Bluetooth Driver Installer available.

I ran a hardware report on both OS, and about bluetooth only this line:

Name:
Desc: Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Bus
Driver: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0043
Class: System
HardwareID: root\BTATH_BUS
DN_ROOT_ENUMERATED: Was enumerated by ROOT
DN_DRIVER_LOADED: Has Register_Device_Driver
DN_STARTED: Is currently configured
DN_DISABLEABLE: Can be rebalanced
Problem: No Problems

I can also add that I connected a bluetooth dongle and it works in Win 7, however not perfect, though it is an old one.

Please, I would like to se more of your comments. Can it be a defective WIFI/bluetooth chip? But WIFI works flawlessly.

Thank you in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,258
Message 4 of 9

hi moryak_lexa,

It does look like you have the bluetooth driver installed.

Can you try the following:

1. Enable Show hidden devices under Device Manager and check if the Bluetooth Device is visible

- Sample Image

- if the Bluetooth Device is present, uninstall the Bluetooth and put a check on delete the driver software for this device. When finished, navigate to Control Panel (Icon Views) > Programs and Features and uninstall the Wireless and anything that relates to bluetooth.

- If the camera is not present, proceed to Step 2.

2. Boot into the BIOS (either by pressing Fn+F2 on startup or by pressing the OneKey Recovery button). Once in the BIOS, press F9 to load factory defaults and press F10 to save and exit (this will reload the default hardware configuration on the system).

3. Run the Bluetooth Driver Installer and observe if you now get the Bluetooth Device under Device Manager.

- Link to picture

Let me know how it goes

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

moryak_lexa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,243
Message 5 of 9

Hi neokenchi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have done all of the aforesaid actions, however I cannot see any Bluetooth devices in the Device Manager on both Windowses.

What do you think, what it might be? A defect in the WiFi-BT chip?

Thank you for your help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,227
Message 6 of 9

hi moryak_lexa,

It does look like the machine doesn't have a bluetooth device (the bluetooth device that you listed above might be from the bluetooth dongle).

Can you please send me a private message with the following info (this is to check the bluetooth specifications of the system).

Serial Number (eg. CB12345678): 

Machine Type (eg. 59123456):

Regards

moryak_lexa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,215
Message 7 of 9

Hi neokenchi,

Thank you for your help.

I have sent you the serial number and correct model.

Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,194
Message 8 of 9

hi moryak_lexa,

Got your PM.

Looking at the parts of the Z710 system (MTM: 59428519), this machine doesn't have a bluetooth adapter (this may explain why no bluetooth devices found under Device Manager)

Link to picture

Below is an example of a combo card that has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Link to picture

Regards

moryak_lexa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,171
Message 9 of 9

Hi neokenchi,

Thank you very much for your attention and help.

So, I have sent back the laptop to the shop where I bought it.

Because when I bought it, the Bluetooth was indicated on the webpage of the item.

Now I will wait for them to reply.

You have really helped, because I thought there is a defect. But even if it's not a defect, still I ordered a laptop with Bluetooth.

Thanks.

Have a nice evening.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors