Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaseline
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,729
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Ideapad z500 Windows 8.1 Shutdown Issues

Since I installed windows 8.1 I have been experiencing issues while shutting down. It looks like windows is shutting down correctly, then the screen goes black and it hangs for like 10-15 minutes with the fan still spinning and the leds still on. After a while the system restarts, even when I clicked shutdown. This happens for shutdown, restart and when it goes to sleep. The only way to shut down the system right now is to hold the power button and kill the power. Windows does not give any errors in the logs. I tried updating all drivers, disabling fast boot in the power options and tried changing several power options. Nothing changed.

Could someone please help me out?

gaseline
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,686
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z500 Windows 8.1 Shutdown Issues

Bump..
Mal82
What's DOS?
Views: 3,649
Message 3 of 8

HI,

I've been having exactly the same problem. I'm reading that it could be to do with the bluetooth driver, been trying to uninstall it but it hangs each time I try. Have you had any luck solving this?

gaseline
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,640
Message 4 of 8

Uninstalling the bluetooth driver didn't work properly for me either. Instead, I updated the bluetooth driver to 8.0.1.305 by downloading it manually (Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS). This finally fixed the shutdown issues for me. Thanks for the tip Smiley Happy

ahilreji
Paper Tape
Views: 3,626
Message 5 of 8

I had this same issue. I tried everything including updating Bluetooth driver, uninstall Bluetooth driver etc. those aren't an exact solution for me. I faced Bluetooth and audio issues after 8.1 update. the drivers provided in Lenovo site is worst. so I downgraded to 8. now am happy. I decided to upgrade only after Lenovo gives a complete solution.
lalitsehgal21
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,499
Message 6 of 8

from where did u download the driver??

gaseline
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,490
Message 7 of 8

I downloaded the driver from http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=77&system=5
And it works great Smiley Happy
lalitsehgal21
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,471
Message 8 of 8

i found another simple way 

install y510p drivers http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=DS037398

it worked flawlessly on my laptop y500 i am now able to work like normal and share pics and files from my note 3 and hook up system to sony home theatre...

Top Kudoed Authors