Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 847
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo Ideapad z500 - Won't boot

Hi,

I was recently playing a game on my laptop (a Lenovo Ideapad z500) when the laptop began freezing and came up with a error message saying something a long this lines of shutting down to prevent data loss.

Since then it's been trying to diagnose and repair with no success, I have attempted to use any of the F8 options but the laptop just restarts with no visible difference. I have also tried a system recovery attempted an intital as I did not have on saved and that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue and/or can advise? Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 822
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z500 - Won't boot

Hi Aidso,

Welcome to Lenovo forums.

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the system not booting in your Lenovo Z500 laptop.

Try to boot the system to safe mode and select system restore to the latest date and check for the issue.

If still the issue persist, then in safe mode uninstall the display driver in device manager and restart the machine and check for the issue.

Check if the system is overheating while playing games or while using any applications.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 813
Message 3 of 13

Hi, it's actually not letting me access Safe Mode, on the options it is number 4 and I when I select it, it goes through the same cycle.

I can't figure any other way to start up through safe mode it's rather frustrating.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 801
Message 4 of 13

In addition to what has been suggested try booting in command prompt only. Then type sfc /scannow. This will check the system for corrupted files.

Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 797
Message 5 of 13

Is there any other way of accessing cmd prompt without using the Safe Mode command prompt option which isn't working?

Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 6 of 13

Anyone have any experience with this? Anything I try just restarts the laptop and does nothing different.

Thanks.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 764
Message 7 of 13

@Aidso wrote:

Is there any other way of accessing cmd prompt without using the Safe Mode command prompt option which isn't working?

Did I state that you should boot in safemode?

You should select commad prompt in the Advanced Startup option menu. See picture below:

Advanced Startup.JPG

Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 757
Message 8 of 13

No however, I am unsure how to boot up command prompt as I am not getting the option for Advanced Startup Option. One start up it is the Lenovo screen and then after a while it's a blue error screen, back to lenovo then finally to the list of options labelled 1), 2), 3) etc.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 753
Message 9 of 13

If you refer to your orignal post you stated that the system tried to make a repair without success. That I think is the automatic repair? If yes once the repair attempt is done you should be presented with some options one of which is troubleshoot. If you select this you will see the picture posted earlier.

Edited part: If the above fails, and the OneKey Recovery fails, and the drive is not detected in the bios, I think you now have a crushed hdd and the only solution is a replacement.

Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 749
Message 10 of 13

That was the case however, I am not getting that option anymore, why? I have no idea..

If it is the case that my HDD is crushed, what would you reccomend is there a specific one for this make or are there any good quality ones (I don't have any knowledge) I also suspect I will have to send this to a repair shop then or is it a simple job?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors