Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 268
Message 11 of 13

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z500 - Won't boot

I have edited my previous reply regarding the crushed hdd condition. If the hdd is still detected in the bios then it could be possible to restore/repair the system.

As a last suggestion try downloading and make the media creation tool for Win 8.1 (do not download the Win 8.1 Pro because you will be ask for the product key). Boot with the DVD or pendrive that you have created. Do not select Install but select Repair instead. The repair will fail as already observed but you have the options so that you can select command prompt and run sfc /scannow as instructed earlier.

If this will still fail you have no more choice except to call in Lenovo.

Aidso
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 12 of 13

Hi, I'm trying to get the media creation tool (non Pro version) onto a memory stick which has enough room, however downloading won't continue. Do you know if this is because I'm doing this on a windows 7 laptop?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 245
Message 13 of 13

@Aidso wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to get the media creation tool (non Pro version) onto a memory stick which has enough room, however downloading won't continue. Do you know if this is because I'm doing this on a windows 7 laptop?

I have not tried using it in Win 7. The media creation tool is small around 1 mb plus. I downloaded this in my hdd. When you run it, it presented the options for language, Windows version, USB or ISO.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors