cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majercsak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,848
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideapad z710 7FCN95WW bios Support Intel 3160-AC WLAN combo card.

Hi,

I've seen that you have released in july a new bios for lenovo z710, 7FCN95WW, and it says that Supports Intel 3160-AC WLAN combo card.

I installed this new bios and everything was ok with the old original wifi card.

I bought the Intel 3160-AC WLAN combo card but the laptop says UNAUTHORIZED CARD after installation.

Card specs are in the picture attached.

Please help with a solution.

Thank you.

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

majercsak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,786
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z710 7FCN95WW bios Support Intel 3160-AC WLAN combo card.

I found your new bios update:

7FCN96WW

Modified:

1. Correct Intel 3160-AC WLAN combo card SSID.

same thing. nothing new under the sun. very funny...

intel 3160-ac wlan combo card from the pictures above is not working on your update...

be serious for once and fix this...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,781
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

As you probably know, in order to pass the BIOS whitelist a card model must be supported and have a Lenovo FRU number (card's subsystem ID's are custom to Lenovo).  The generic version of a card won't work without a modified BIOS.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

majercsak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,774
Message 4 of 6

ok, please help me with a modified bios.

nowhere in your notebook descriptions or bios details says that you have to buy a lenovo FRU card....

it says simply support for intel 3160-ac combo card...

you have to offer the best solution for your buyers, this is not even a solution...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,764
Message 5 of 6

You'll have to search online for a modified BIOS.  I don't know that there is one for you model.  There may be.

Wifi card whitelisting is probably the most common post here in the forums.  Like it or not, it's been the reality since the IBM days.

BTW, it isn't my "notebook description".  I'm just a volunteer mod here and don't speak for or work for Lenovo.  Just like my sig says...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Highlighted
majercsak
Paper Tape
Views: 1,760
Message 6 of 6

I did not know that you are a volunteer and I am sorry if i offended you. When I speak about your notebook I am referring to lenovo in general....

I also know everything about whitelist in lenovo bios. I have this notebook since january 2014 and there is no modded bios for it.

I extracted the bios and disabled the whitelist, but I cannot write it back. It says something about the region...

I was very happy to hear that I can replace the wifi card with a dual band ac card. But I was dissapointed again...

Thanks for your answers...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors