Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonaB
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Ideapad z710 webcam issues

Hello everybody,

I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Z710 laptop and I seem to have troubles with the webcam. Though it is mentioned to be a HD webcam, the image is far from being clear...I update the drive from Lenovo website, but it was useless as the result is the same. Anyone else facing same issue? Anyone has an idea how to solve it? I also mention that the operating sistem on my laptop is Windows 8.1 64 bytes.

Thank you,

Simona

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 864
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Ideapad z710 webcam issues

Hi SimonaB,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with webcam in your Lenovo Ideapad Z710 laptop.

If this is a new system, there will a protective sheet on the camera lens check if that plastic sheet is removed due to which there would be blur issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

SimonaB
Paper Tape
Views: 851
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is a new laptop, but frankly I tried to remove the protective sheet with no success. There are no margins to grab the plastic sheet. How should I proceed in this case? I am afraid to scratch the lens from the webcam. It would have been easier if Lenovo producers would have created a special margin to that protection to grab it and easily remove...

Beside this now I have a new issue: my laptop won't start from the batery, though it is charged. I had to insert the charging cable to make it start. Afterwards it works without a cable also.Which may be the cause/solution?

I am waiting for an answer for both my issues.

Thank you,

Simona

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 833
Message 4 of 7

Hi SimonaB,

Thanks for the reply,

For the webcam issue removing the sheet carefully is the only way to confirm about the issue, try to remove the sheet very carefully. As you have mentioned that the system is not powering on, please perform the power drain by removing all the external devices and shut down the system and also disconnect the battery and adapter. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and now connect only battery and adapter and try to power on the laptop. Also try to power on the machine only by adapter and check for the issue.

After performing the above trouble shooting steps if the issue still persist then it might be issue with the motherboard I would suggest you to visit service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

RC123
Paper Tape
Views: 813
Message 5 of 7

Same with mine, there's no plastic stick on cover that I can see
other stick on covers have a tag to remove it. the camera is rubbish
RJ123
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 786
Message 6 of 7

Hi All,

Try to appliy a piece of sticky tape to the film, but let the tape over hang from the edge as a tab. 

Try to remove the sheet through this sticky tape, after removing the firm(sheet) if the issue persist then there is a issue with the webcam, please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Former Employee
Views: 775
Message 7 of 7

If you have an issue with the webcam on your Z710, please contact Lenovo Service for support.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors