SE

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN can not find graphic card

2019-05-23, 6:19 AM

Hi!
My son's laptop are not working as expected any longer.
The computer dont find the GTX 1050. Tried to search for new hardware but can not find anything. I can not install drivers (because no hardware is find). Its only find the Intel HD Graphic 630 (guess that graphic card on motherboard).

I guess I need to send the computer for repair but I will see if anyone here has some tips befor I do that.

You know the panic in home now when my 9 years old kid play Fortnite with 10 FPS. I have suggest him to go out and play but he dont like that idea so fix the computer is on priority right now :)

Thanks for help

/Mattias

Options

223 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

142 Signins

1681 Page Views

• Views: 1681
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN can not find graphic card

2019-05-23, 13:02 PM

Hi 8659design,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

When did this start happening? Were there any changes prior to this? Here are some things that we can try:

1. Load the BIOS to defaults.
Recommended ways to enter the BIOS https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216. Once in the BIOS menu, press Fn+F9 to load default settings (click OK or YES to confirm), then Fn+F10 to save and exit. Or, you can go to the Exit tab, scroll down to Load Default Settings, press enter, select OK or YES, then scroll up to Exit Saving Changes, press enter and select OK or YES. Then, check if the video card is back.

2. If the issue persists, update the BIOS firmware by downloading the BIOS firmware here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y520-15ikbn/downloads. Do not forget to select the Operating system and component must be set to BIOS/UEFI. After installing the BIOS firmware, restart your laptop. Check if the same issue.

3. As a last resort, if the issue is just a software, we can perform a factory reset. Please ensure that all important files are backed up to avoid data loss. Once all files are backed up, proceed with the reset. You can watch this video guide on how to perform the reset https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-y520-15ikbn/videos/VID100759.

4. If all else fails, this is already a hardware failure. Please contact our local phone support for repair options. You can get the contact details here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList by entering the serial number and selecting your country.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

05-23-2019

SE

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-05-23, 14:13 PM

Hi and thanks for your reply.

The problem was show a couple days ago. My son told me he had problem with lag in Fortnite. I first think its was a full harddrive or that he had not restart the computer in some days etc. So I dont put any effort in it right then. Then yesterday he told me he still have problem so I took a look at it and then find out that the computer dont find the graphic card.

Have done step 1 and 2 without any luck.

Step 3 gives me some problems. When i reboot computer with the lenovo-button I am not getting the OneKey recovery. Only windows standard reset menus. If I try to reset with that I got an error after approx 15% of the reset with message its not possible to reset computer.

Some more thoughts about step 3 so I can full fil that or should I move to step 4?

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-05-23, 14:24 PM

Hi! We suggest you to proceed with step 4 for further assistance. Hope everything goes well for you.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save