01-05-2020

US

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion y540 Bios missing serial and model number

2020-01-05, 19:48 PM

I just figured out after a few days of trying to use the auto update utility, that the reason its failing to function properly (or at all) is because in my bios there is no Model or Serial number. They just say INVALID. I've seen similar things online but none of the tools available mention anything other than Thinkpads and Thinkcentre. I figure this would be a really easy issue to fix if I could just get the right tool. Any help would be appreciated. 

And I tried calling in and they are so confused about what I meant, so I dont think thats going to be an option. Guy was telling me I needed to uninstall and reinstall the lenovo driver auto update utility.... That was the first thing I did 5 days ago when this whole thing started. I need level 4 tech support now lol.

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

390 Signins

10360 Page Views

• Views: 10360
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Legion y540 Bios missing serial and model number

2020-01-18, 11:23 AM

Hi FarGate!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Is there any changes on the hardware of your computer such as a replacment motherboard? If yes, possible that it was not flashed correctly.

It is best to contact our support to re-flash the motherboard. Apologies for the trouble.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save