Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r33Cy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 637
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo One Key Theater Won't Install and Dolby Home Theater Doesn't Work Either

I had upgraded my Y500 from Windows 8.1 to 10. Before, I had One Key Theater installed and it worked perfectly fine. I didn't have the Dobly Home Theater app.

The Windows 10 Creator's Update came to my laptop and I upgraded last week Wednesday. On Friday, my laptop wouldn't boot up, not sure if this is related to the Creators update. I couldn't perform Start-up Repair, System Recovery nor a PC Refresh. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 from a recovery drive I created a while back.

My laptop is now recovered except for the tedious part of reinstalling all my apps. I've been trying to reinstall One Key Theater and I keep getting an error message saying that this application does not work for this version of Windows. Furthermore, I noticed the Dolby Home Theater application but it does not work. The icon appears in the notification area of the task bar but whenever I try to open the application fully, it crashes.

I've seen posts about these very same problem for Dolby Home Theater and they all recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver and also reinstalling Dolby Home Theater which I've done a couple times now but this still does not work.

Will Lenovo be releasing a version of One Key Theater that works for Windows 10 Creators Update?
Will a fix come out for this problem with Dolby Home Theater?
Has anyone found a solution?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 592
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo One Key Theater Won't Install and Dolby Home Theater Doesn't Work Either

r33Cy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 530
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo One Key Theater Won't Install and Dolby Home Theater Doesn't Work Either

As I've said before, I have tried the solutions detailed in this post, this still does not solve the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors