Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romalia
What's DOS?
Views: 656
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo P500 Screen Brightness Issue.

So I was just randomly watching a video... laying down and I reach up to turn it up and I hit a button and bam... my entire screen just goes as dark as possible. I keep trying to hit buttons and hope I hit that same button and turn it back on and nothing... So many F button and no idea what they do.

Any idea how to fix this? F+ up and down and Brightness keys dont do anything. I can still read the screen... its just very dark.

Romalia
What's DOS?
Views: 629
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo P500 Screen Brightness Issue.

Wow, still no reply...?

Highlighted
Juke
What's DOS?
Views: 276
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo P500 Screen Brightness Issue.

I've had this happen to me twice now, both times accidentally hitting the F11 or F12.   Seems to be a driver issue.  First time i believe i updated the driver but couldn't remember exactly.  So this time I started searching the web again.  I tried rolling back the driver from device manager, holding down F12 on restart, adaptive brightness, registry change, all with no luck.  

Then found this video on YouTube and it worked perfectly.  The screen actually brightens before your eyes as the driver rolls back.  Entails going directly to D:\drivers\VGA\Intel\x64\[subfolder] and running setup.exe.  Follow the video and hopefully it works for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors