Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mzlen
What's DOS?
Views: 2,553
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo P500 Touchpad Driver

Hi!

I bought a Lenovo P500 Ideapad with Win8, i did a downgrade to Win7. It seems that all the drivers were successfully installed, but when i was trying to install the touchpad driver i got an error message saying that the driver is not for that touchpad, even if i try to install it manually and running setup as administrator. I downloaded this driver from the lenovo support page for this laptop for win7.

The touchpad works, but it too slow and it takes like 6 scrolls in order to get from 1 side of the screen to the other.

Did anybody have this same issue??

Thanks in advance.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,538
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo P500 Touchpad Driver

hi mzlen,

did you try to download drivers from hardware manufacturer's site directly?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
mzlen
What's DOS?
Views: 2,531
Message 3 of 5

Hi!

Thanks for your response, well i've tried to install both synaptics and Elan drivers. 

For the Elan Tech driver, i couldnt get it from their site, they only offer like a FAQ page.

Besides im not really sure which manufacturer my touchpad is  : /

I even tried to download this driver from other similar lenovo models but stll no success.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,517
Message 4 of 5

please try this to get learn which hardware you have:
right click to my computer > manage > device management > mice and other pointing devices > lenovo pointing device > on general tab, refer manufacturer.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
mzlen
What's DOS?
Views: 2,491
Message 5 of 5

Finally i found out the manufacturer, it turns out that the manufacturer was Synaptics, i dont know why with the driver provided by lenovo it didnt allow me to install it.

I followed your instructions and there is an option there to get the Hardware ID, I googled it and i noticed that it was a synaptics touchpad and download the driver from their page.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors