Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seb74
Punch Card
Views: 3,943
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Y-510 Hinge problem

Dear Mr Mark,

I bought my dream machine Y-510 after years of savings in India, despite my extreme care one day while opening the lap a jerk sound came and right side hinge came off, I was literally shattered as I have used up all my savings for this machine and at last the fate like this. I contacted the authorised service centre in India they told its a common problem in Y-510 nothing can be done as warranty has lapsed I have to bear the expenses to the tune of Rs 21000/-. As I was moving to Singapore in a short period and the amount to hefty to bear I left as it is.  From this forum it was learnt that as it was a design flaw Lenovo has been gracious enough even to repair out of warranty machine. As advised by you in the forum Once again I contacted the customer care in Singapore  they directed me to the service centre I visited the service centre they told they have direction on this nothing can be done All that can be done is I have to bear the cost of repair or else I use the machine as a desktop as  there is no other problem. Its really shocking how a responsible company like Lenovo address the design flaws like this???????????

Seb74
Punch Card
Views: 3,784
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Y-510 Hinge problem

Dear Mr Mark,

Yesterday I got my machine back after repair. The bottom base and the palm rest has been replaced and all it took is just One day for the repair. All this happened because of this forum, I followed the directions given in the forum and finally I got my Y-510 Broken Hinge repaired at no cost to me even though my warranty has expired long back in April 09 and my being away from the country of purchase.  My machine was bought in India and I got it repaired in Singapore. Thank you Lenovo for supporting your customers. My advise to all in this forum dont loose your Trust in Lenovo, follow the guidelines,they will definately address your problem if it is genuine.

Kudos to Mr. Mark for the awesome initiative he is taking in this forum.

Wishing You all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2010

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,755
Message 3 of 8
Moved:

dhallyb
Paper Tape
Views: 3,638
Message 4 of 8

Thanks to this forum I was able to contact customer support for an out-of-warranty laptop.

My son's Y510 had a hinge break free.  I knew it was out of warranty, but did not know where to take it for repairs.

I was able to reach customer service personnel who sent me a box, and return label for the repairs.

Unfortunately, I have not heard from the folks in Texas about the repair.  All I have is a reference number for the repairs.  Since this forum was so helpful in the past, I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction.

The refence number is WN150465

Thanks again!

jafreen
Paper Tape
Views: 3,264
Message 5 of 8

i m from india.my laptop y 510 hinges ar broken.can t be resolved.how much does it cost if it is out of warraty

tiggerer
Punch Card
Views: 3,200
Message 6 of 8

Do not lose faith in Lenovo, I like so many other have had the hinge problem not once but twice, once under warranty and once out of warranty. If you direct your attention to Mark who actually works for Lenovo out of South North Carolina USA who is a wonderful man to deal with, I am certain he will be able to help you where ever you are located as I am in Canada and he just called Lenovo Canada and they called me the next day. After doing a very quick turn around on the repair(two days and two hundred miles away) they unfortunately put the same hinges on that were manufactered from the begining, (my Daughters was one of the first fifty sold, which isn't always a good thing if you understand Karma!) Anyway after being turned down by Lenovo the second time after it was out of warranty, I read the many many posts and found that some were being covered regardless of whether they were still under warranty. I then contacted Mark and he took care of it after I explained that all I wanted was the same service that was being given to everyone else regardless or even more so because they fixed it with the same defective hinges that the original machines came with and that was Feb. 2007 when I bought it for her. So best advice go through Mark and if he can't help you no one can! Good Luck

Tiggerer

Note from Moderator:  While we in South Carolina would be proud to have Mark as a resident of the Palmetto State, he is actually a Tar Heel.

ana_tudosa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,510
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

I too have a lenovo y510 bought 2 years ago from US. 6 months ago the right hinge got broken, I couldn't open it without the case shifting about 2 cm apart.

I took it to an authorized customer center in my town city in Iasi, Romania and they told me it's a known issue with this model. All they did was glue it and change he 33EUROS for it.

Today it broke again, in the exact same place and same way.

I always took very good care of my laptop and needless to say I'm very dissapointed of all the support I got Smiley Sad

Is there any way I can get it fixed?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,324
Message 8 of 8
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors