Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 643
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Y Gaming Headset not working wth Lenovo G50-30 Laptop

When trying to use my Lenovo Y Gaming Headset with my Laptop which is a Lenovo G50-30 it makes a buzzing noise. Sometimes I adjust the position of the headphone cord in the dock and that stops the buzzing on my end. When talking to people through Skype or Teamspeak. They are able to hear a buzzing noise. Is there a solution to stop this? Thanks.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 630
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Y Gaming Headset not working wth Lenovo G50-30 Laptop

If you have any USB devices plugged in near the jack, try moving them to USB port further away.     Also check to be sure you have a properly grounded outlet, as it could be what is referred to as a ground loop..    You can also get what is called a ground loop isolator such as the one below to plug between your headphone and the jack, and that might help too.

Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator

http://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-System-Stereo/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=U...

Good Luck

ArthurHWalker
Token Ring
Views: 605
Message 3 of 9

Have you installed the drivers for the headset?

There's a lot of added functionality. Smiley Happy 

Here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/ACC100245

Spar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 594
Message 4 of 9

Now that I have installed it the buzzing noise seems to be louder and deeper. Any ideas? If not, thank you anyway.
ArthurHWalker
Token Ring
Views: 587
Message 5 of 9

Make sure that only the USB connection is hooked up. Don't connect both the 3.5 audio (headphone jack) and the USB at the same time, only one or the other. Try it with the just the USB connected first, then the 3.5 by itself and see if one or both functions without the static. 

Spar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 556
Message 6 of 9

Unfortunetly these solutions aren't working. I've installed the Drive and I have tried only plugging in the USB cord but the buzzing noise is still present. Would there be any other solutions?

Spar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 549
Message 7 of 9

I've played around with a few power cords and when I do that, the pitch of the buzzing noise changes so I have a feeling it is something to do with the power and with the cords around the headset. Any ideas?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 543
Message 8 of 9

As I mentioned before in my earlier post, it is probably what is called a ground loop, whcih is caused by bad/multipe grounding of the electrical ciricuts. .     You hear that some times when bands play with a bad ground and their speakers humm.    To fix that, they use a ground loop isolaters, and you can too.

A simple test is to see if the buzz goes away when you are run your laptop on the battery as it will eliminate one of the grounds if it is not pligged into the wall

You can also get a a ground loop isolator for about 10 buck that blocks the 50 Hz or 60 Hz frequency that causes the buzz    http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

Also try disabling the onboard microhphone if your aren not using it, but I really think the isolator is the solution to your problem 

Spar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 521
Message 9 of 9

So I will probably just buy a ground loop isolator. But when following your instructions to test if the buzzing noises stop by unplugging the charger or any other connected power cords, the buzzing still continued. Is that a problem or is it ok to just proceed onto buying the isolator?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors