Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erik_violin
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y-series Dust Fan Bars Broke

Sorry, I wasn't exactly sure what to call it. On the left side of the laptop where the dust fan opens out, it's lined by these black bars that're part of the laptop exterior.

My laptop model is Y410p, but I'm guessing the build materials are pretty much the same across the Y series. (??)

Anyways, a number of them broke off recently for some unknown reason (I also can't find a number of them). Touching the fan grills behind the bars is pretty unpleasant (and it's aesthetically unpleasing), so I was wondering if I needed to purchase a specific type of material to cut into shape and superglue back into place. 

I'm guessing normal plastics won't fare well due to the heat, but I'm not sure what to get/what's easy to cut into shape. Any suggestions?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 313
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y-series Dust Fan Bars Broke

Welcome to the forum !

The exhaust fan grill on your model is part of the palm rest/keyboard bezel.  Unfortunately I do not know the type of plastic that is used in the making of the palm rest, but I suspect anything you do in regard to cut and gluing might not be aesthetically pleasing as well.  If you are concerned about aesthetics you might consider just having the palm rest replaced.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors