Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-15-2014

United States

8 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y-series Dust Fan Bars Broke

2014-12-15, 7:16 AM

Sorry, I wasn't exactly sure what to call it. On the left side of the laptop where the dust fan opens out, it's lined by these black bars that're part of the laptop exterior.

My laptop model is Y410p, but I'm guessing the build materials are pretty much the same across the Y series. (??)

Anyways, a number of them broke off recently for some unknown reason (I also can't find a number of them). Touching the fan grills behind the bars is pretty unpleasant (and it's aesthetically unpleasing), so I was wondering if I needed to purchase a specific type of material to cut into shape and superglue back into place. 

I'm guessing normal plastics won't fare well due to the heat, but I'm not sure what to get/what's easy to cut into shape. Any suggestions?

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y-series Dust Fan Bars Broke

2014-12-15, 14:56 PM

Welcome to the forum !

The exhaust fan grill on your model is part of the palm rest/keyboard bezel.  Unfortunately I do not know the type of plastic that is used in the making of the palm rest, but I suspect anything you do in regard to cut and gluing might not be aesthetically pleasing as well.  If you are concerned about aesthetics you might consider just having the palm rest replaced.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms