Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MustafaHashmi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 6,053
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y40-70 Touchpad Not working

I bought a this laptop barely a month back, and just a few hours ago its touchpad stopped responding after I woke it up from sleep. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers enabling and disabling hardware, restarts etc. But the touchpad does not work.

The exact problem is that the touchpad has only some sensitivity on the left side and the click buttons work. but from left onward (center and right ) there is no sensitivity and no response. ( And no, no fluids of any kind or anything else has been spilled)

The laptop runs Windows 8.1 which came preloaded.
I  bought this from U.S but currently am in Pakistan

Please help ASAP

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,986
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y40-70 Touchpad Not working

Hi MustafaHashmi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with touchpad not working in your Lenovo Y40-70 laptop.

Please try connecting external mouse and check for the issue. Also try to check in safe mode and check for the issue

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

MustafaHashmi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,938
Message 3 of 6

I tried various external pointing devices, all seemed to work fine. The problem was presisten with the device's touchpad in safe mode also. I did lot of trial and error experiments, including using windows system restore and lenovo factory settings etc.

Then while checking for driver updates I noticed that there was a new update for BIOS., even though it was a long shot but I had tried everything else. After updating the BIOS the touchpad started working fine.

JameLim123
Paper Tape
Views: 5,039
Message 4 of 6

i had updated the bios, but my touchpad still arent working. so i decided to uninstall the device from manager , but now i am having to issue to install it back. i couldnt find the setup

mwixted2
What's DOS?
Views: 4,898
Message 5 of 6

Your best option is probably just to buy an external mouse. I have the same issue (among many issues) with this laptop. I tried various methods to fix the problem without any luck. I must say, I'm extremely disappointed with this laptop and the only reason why I'm still using it is because I can't afford a new one right now. I hope you're reading this Lenovo because your terrible customer service and your poor excuse of a discontinued laptop has quickly brought my business elsewhere.

cLOWNgOD
Paper Tape
Views: 169
Message 6 of 6

"our best option is probably just to buy an external mouse."

Whenever  I see this type of answer, I figure it's time to switch to a different manufacturer (for those of us who were actually dumb enough to stick with Lenovo after actually finding 'Superfish' factory installed on our machines LOL).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors