09-23-2014 09:47 PM
I've been wrestling with this issue for 2 work-days so far.
Would be appreciative for any insight from more knowledgable folks.
***SSHD is intended for caching
1) I bought a Lenovo Y40-70 that came with a hybrid hard drive: 1TB platter with an 8GB SSHD. Initially, they both showed up in My Computer.
2) It included Windows 8. For software for work, I needed to revert to windows 7 and so I reinstalled.
3) My SSHD was then undetectable. Through searches I learned I needed to download the Intel SRT software to 'accelerate' my computer with the caching.
4) I needed to change the boot mode to RAID so I went to the BIOS, which is an InsydeH20 V3.7. It did not have an option to change to RAID mode. I couldn't even disable secure boot because with Windows 7 I have to use the 'Legacy Support' instead of 'UEFI'
5) My friend said I need to buy a non-hybrid solid state drive to use it with caching, and that for caching with the hybrid drive I must use Windows 8.
6) I updated the BIOS via Lenovo drivers to "99CN24WW(V1.07) latest version as of 09/24/2014.
Is this true?
Is there no way to run my hybrid drive for caching with Windows 7?
As a corollary, I did call Lenovo and they said their technicians can activate my SSHD in the hybrid drive for caching through remote access...........for $99.00.
So what's the deal? Does anyone know how to get it to work or is it impossible?