cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mistadarcy91
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,008
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y40-70 with WD Hybrid Hard Drive (Caching Possible?)

Hi all,

I've been wrestling with this issue for 2 work-days so far.

Would be appreciative for any insight from more knowledgable folks.

***SSHD is intended for caching

1) I bought a Lenovo Y40-70 that came with a hybrid hard drive: 1TB platter with an 8GB SSHD. Initially, they both showed up in My Computer.

2) It included Windows 8. For software for work, I needed to revert to windows 7 and so I reinstalled.

3) My SSHD was then undetectable. Through searches I learned I needed to download the Intel SRT software to 'accelerate' my computer with the caching.

4) I needed to change the boot mode to RAID so I went to the BIOS, which is an InsydeH20 V3.7. It did not have an option to change to RAID mode. I couldn't even disable secure boot because with Windows 7 I have to use the 'Legacy Support' instead of 'UEFI'

5) My friend said I need to buy a non-hybrid solid state drive to use it with caching, and that for caching with the hybrid drive I must use Windows 8.

6) I updated the BIOS via Lenovo drivers to "99CN24WW(V1.07) latest version as of 09/24/2014.

Is this true? 

Is there no way to run my hybrid drive for caching with Windows 7?

As a corollary, I did call Lenovo and they said their technicians can activate my SSHD in the hybrid drive for caching through remote access...........for $99.00.

So what's the deal? Does anyone know how to get it to work or is it impossible?

mistadarcy91
Blue Screen Again
Views: 998
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y40-70 with WD Hybrid Hard Drive (Caching Possible?)

By the way, the hard drive is the Western Digital WD10S21X

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors