Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msalyers3
Paper Tape
Views: 849
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y40-80 Boots to BIOS

Whenever I restart/shutdown the laptop, it boots to BIOS and I have to exit discarding changes to boot to Windows. I have tried just about everything to fix this. I've updated to BIOS, changed every setting in the BIOS, peformed a clean Windows install, everything. The only thing that has made any difference is when I unplug the laptop and hold down the power button for ~30 seconds. It will boot straight to Windows for 1 or 2 restarts, then goes back to booting to the BIOS. I've been a sysad for over 10 years and haven't seen anything like this happening with no errors or anything. I'm open to any ideas that others may have.

Thanks!

Retsetan
Paper Tape
Views: 664
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y40-80 Boots to BIOS

I'm havin an issue's with my Y40-80, it wont even go in to the bios with the bios button, goes to a black screen with a cursor and just sits there, sometimes you can hit a button and it will restart, and when i let it boot in to windows 10, you know the little load screen you get it you were to install windows, or the old windows loggin shows the little bar loading at the bottom well it does that every time it goes in to windows, i'd like to fix this, how do i fix it, i've thought about flashing the bios to fix it but mines up to date so i can't fix it that way, and i can't member how to downgrade a bios, nor do i have a older virsion of the bios either so im stuck please someone help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors