Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBix
What's DOS?
Views: 277
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y40-80 Screen Flickers while on battery - Windows 10

When on battery my screen flickers to the point that the laptop is unusable.  No problems while it's plugged in.  This issue started under Windows 8, but only appeared when using heavy graphic applications like Photoshop.  Under Windows 10 it starts happening almost immediately when unplugging the power.

I've tried changing the power options to ensure it's set to maximum performance while on battery, and tried both on and off for the adaptive display options with no improvement.  I've seen "replace the LCD panel" as a solution in another thread but that does not seem to be a logical fix given that the system works fine under power.

Anyone have any other suggestions?  This seems to be a common problem, so I'm hoping there's a driver/update fix.  Has anyone tried getting a new battery?

Thanks!!

Guru
Views: 227
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y40-80 Screen Flickers while on battery - Windows 10

My guess would be a failing battery, not capable of giving the required power to the components. Whats the battery status/messages under lenovo settings app?

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

DBix
What's DOS?
Views: 206
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y40-80 Screen Flickers while on battery - Windows 10

Battery status says it's good.  I also saw a suggestion on another site and hooked up an external monitor.  No flickering on the external monitor while on battery, so I'm leaning toward the battery not being the issue.

Top Kudoed Authors