02-09-2018 03:30 AM
My y40-80 internal microphone in trouble every time I make a voice, my voice sounded very noisy, even after I turn off the microphone boost result remains the same. I try using headset microphone, and the result sound
too muche echo like i'm talking in the train.
What should I do?
Here I attach the recording file.
internal microphone - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQVHzTozc98a9JE6ToC0qDVScGQQypnx/view?usp=sharing
headset microphone - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YhcX4ta7n_X1YRt-NBHS0yq5192phhGn/view?usp=sharing
02-28-2018 03:58 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
The headset recording sounds fine from my end, but the internal microphone definitely sounds bad.
Try to download the Audio and Chipset drivers for the unit from the support page. Make sure to reboot after an update on the unit.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
03-14-2018 02:55 AM
Then you could attempt a factory reset with the unit. This would rule out any software related issues with the unit for you.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. On a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work and the issue remains, I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.