Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghunath19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 740
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Y40-80 laptop screen flickers

I've used this laptop for almost 7 months now but from last week or so my monitor started acting weirdly.Suddenly my monitor turns black and white and comes back to normal after a few seconds. It's working fine when I conect it to an external monitor. 

facultyrowrevie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 732
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Y40-80 laptop screen flickers

You can contact your customer care if your laptop is  in warranty

Maxmozes
Token Ring
Views: 728
Message 3 of 8

Hi raghunath19.

Do you already have a custom driver for your Intel HD Graphic card from Lenovo support website for your model?

If not (if you have another one, installed from Windows Update, or you installed another one from Intel website) try to download it and install it. Test some days and let us know if problem has gone.

raghunath19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 694
Message 4 of 8

Just tried what you said now I'm getting less flickers comapred to before

Maxmozes
Token Ring
Views: 689
Message 5 of 8

Ok, so try to test the next option:

If your operating system is Windows 10 64 bit (or Windows 7,8 64 bit), so go to this link and download this driver (Intel Grafic Driver). Don't forget to chose a proper bit version, the same your OS has.

After downloaded, go to Device manager, find graphic adapters section, chose Intel driver graphic card, properties, and uninstall driver. When you do so, restart your PC. 

When your pc is on, install this driver and test it. If it won't help you, let me know again, we can try another option. 

raghunath19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 674
Message 6 of 8

hey still having the same problem, any other solutions
Maxmozes
Token Ring
Views: 664
Message 7 of 8

Ok, the last option is the next:

Download and install the latest driver from Lenovo website (like you did it in the first option above).

Then download and install Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

Open it and try to downclock it to 2.5Ghz. (you can also try to experiment with another Ghz parameters and check if it will imporve situation).

If it won't help, so you should contact store or Lenovo service center for repair, as a loose screen connector could cause this problem (as there are still many topics at Lenovo forums about display flickering dilemma, in some cases display flickering could be resolved with drivers/utiity updates, and in another ones there is only a mechanical repair to be applied. As for me I have Y700 - 15 ISK 80 NV laptop and I really experienced screen flickering (white horizontal lines on screen, and as for now it's gone as I installed new Intel Driver from Lenovo Website (not performed driver update from Windows update). Oh yes, and one more, I also installed a new Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M driver version 368.22 from Nvidia website exactly, not a custom one from Lenovo. I'm not quite sure if graphic cards are someway related or interract with each other (probably yes, if you cannot turn off intel graphic card to use only Nvidia instead), but it worked for me in this configuration). 

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 655
Message 8 of 8

Jus follow my steps currectly for installing updated INTEL GRAPHICS driver......

1.Disable any ongoing network(simply disable internet-IMPORTANT)..

2.Go to device manager->Display adapters->Intel HD 530->Uninstall driver & tick delete driver software->run it.....

3.Reboot..

4.Download intall this latest stable or Latest beta here...

5.Reboot now you have installed latest driver by Intel...

6.Reboot again now you can enable internet....( the reason i told u to disable internet because windows will automatically dowload some other unstable incompatible graphics driver and will create problem/or conflict with existing drivers)... U can use original intel drivers instead of out of date OEM drivers no problems Smiley Happy

Lastly these steps does not only apply to intel graphics drivers it can be applied to all drivers(audio,WLAN,Touchpad etc)

Report back

These was already posted by me here.. But i updated with newer versions of GFX drivers in this post,

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors