cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etherhigh
What's DOS?
Views: 838
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y40 Gaming Laptop poor performance-not working as advertised.

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to view my issue. 

I purchased this laptop after thoroughly reading the many reviews it had recieved, claiming that it was capable of playing most modern games with good fps and minimal lag. To my suprise, this seems to not be the case for the model I recieved and I am very frustrated because of this. I have been unable to play games such as Borderlans 2, Nosgoth or even the mod Black Mesa: Source without lag spikes. In multipkayer games such as nosgoth there is constant heavy lag even on low settings, and it is making me very upset. I spent almost 1000 dollars to buy this laptop for gaming and now it is failing me, and it may force me to return in for a full refund if possible. 

I am hear to ask you all if this is normal for this laptop model. The specs seemed amazing so I am baffled at the current performance of this laptop. I start college tomorrow and will not be able to go happily now knowing that the laptop I have recieved is severely less than what I expected it to be. 

Etherhigh
What's DOS?
Views: 801
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y40 Gaming Laptop poor performance-not working as advertised.

Admins please delete this thread. I am just going to return the laptop, I'd rather find an alternative further down the line. 

Guru
Views: 782
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y40 Gaming Laptop poor performance-not working as advertised.

if you still have it did you rule out network lag?
did you try single player games?
was it updated to windows 8.1?
only ask so i can help you or future people with same problem
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors