Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idjaw
What's DOS?
Views: 383
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y400 SSD Issues

Hi, I own a Lenovo Y400 with a 16GB Sandisk U100 SSD pre-loaded with Windows 8 from Lenovo.

Since last month I am told by the system that my hard disk drive may be faulty and I need to back up my data and prevent using the computer until my HDD is fixed.

I also got a "Risky" status on my Intel Rapid Storage Technology software embedded into my Windows. I tried to suprress it a few times but it come out again eventually.

Some details:

- Starting about 3 weeks ago, the computer can't be turned off properly, after I turn off (hovering my mouse to the right hand side of the monitor and click shut off), it will just give me a black screen but my computer didn't shut off totally (the led on my keyboard is still on) and this happened quite a few times. Anyway since I had a desktop I usually work on desktop but when I'm travelling I will use the laptop.

- Everytime it happened, I tried to "hard reset" the computer (pressing the power button for several seconds until the system shut off)

- I tried to back up my data using the windows back up, it stuck at 97% for like 6 hours and I thought something was not right.

- I also tried to create a system recovery disk but the "Please Wait" screen has been loading for like 2 hours without moving at all

- I already manually back up ("Copy & Paste all my documents, musics, videos, etc" to my hdd) since the auto back up won't work.

- I already call Lenovo Customer Service but they are notoriously slow and they inform me to back up my computer first before I reset the laptop

Any idea how can I check if my SSD is faulty? I was thinking to reinstall my Windows 8 but since I wasn't provided with Win8 recovery disk or whatsoever during purchase and I can't even make a recovery disk, what can I do for my issue?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 347
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y400 SSD Issues

hi idjaw,

Welcome to the Forums.

Try to download and install HD Tune and run an error scan on the HDD/SSD. This will verify if there's bad blocks on the drive. There's also a health tab where you can check if the drive's healthy or not.

If you get errors, you will need to contact lenovo for service as re-imaging the machine via the OneKey Recovery button will most likely produce freezing or "stucked on xx %" issue.

I hope you get the laptop repaired soon.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors