Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpyazel
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50 (59425944) keys breaking

Anyone else have issues with this model and the keys falling off?  It's been pretty bad in my experience.  I've had this laptop for fourteen months now and four keys have just fallen off in that time.  The clips are broke on them all.  I have to order new ones every time this happens at about $8 a key (+shipping).  This laptop mostly sits on a desk and is transported maybe once a month.  I'm still trying to figure out if they are breaking during just normal typing or during transporting it.  I'm pretty gentle with it and I transport it in a cushioned bag.  There is no physical damage to this laptop.  Is there a trick to keeping these keys from breaking off all the time?  

Guru
Views: 90
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50 (59425944) keys breaking

Might be a defective keyboard. I verified with my friend that his unit (over a year old) doesn't have this issues. Check with Lenovo support. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors