cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiegoSantiago
Punch Card
Views: 613
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Y50-70 BIOS Emergency​ Flash Mode not working, BIOS stuck.

A few days ago I had some problems with my HDD so I brought a new one. 

To install Windows in the new drive I plugged in the DVD drive that Lenovo ships with the laptop and tried to boot from it. That failed and BIOS got like "programmed" or stuck with configurations that doesn't let it recognise any boot media no matter if it is a USB stick or HDD, no matter if I try to change the configuration of the BIOS it would always get back to the initial state of not being able to boot I even tried to reset it by unplugging its battery and the laptop battery but the only thing that happens is system time starting from 0 while any other configuration stays the same. 

I thought this could be fixed using crisis recovery mode, but the laptop doesn't recognise the BIOS loaded on the USB and never make any sort of beep or alert noises, the screen doesn't show anything either and fans just get to 100%

I really need help to solve this problem, it's like the BIOS got stuck in the last configurations before plugging the DVD drive in. (The Boot menu still showing that there's a USB booteable device even when it is not plugged in).

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors