Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benlam
Paper Tape
Views: 1,194
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y50-70 Battery Drainage When Completely Shut Dwn

Hey this is my first post on any sort of forum so please bear with me.

I bought my laptop towards the end of August, and I swapped the hard drive out with a Samsung Evo 500gb SSD (if that makes any difference).

Recently, I've been noticing that the battery drains about 35% a day when completely shut down. I've checked all of my power plans/settings/options. Nothing seems to turn it on (automatic windows updates and maintenance are off).

It's not exactly a problem for me because I usually plug it in anyways when I use it, but it just seems odd that the battery would drain so much in a day. Any help would be great thanks! 

BlaiseBlanton
Punch Card
Views: 1,176
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Battery Drainage When Completely Shut Dwn

Hi Ben,

First off good choice on the SSD and yes I'm sure that makes a huge difference for you in speed, but it "should" not have any effect on the battery drainage when you shut down the computer. When you say shut down, i'm guessing that you mean a full power off, and not meaning that you put it into sleep mode. There should be a small difference in the power % when you turn your computer back on. Your computer uses a large amount/ burst of power when starting up, but this isn't usally a noticable change to the common user. Attempting to reset the memory of the battery may fix this issue for you. 

My Y50-70 Touch doesn't maintain its battery life for more than 2 hours unplugged, while only writing a paper, or surfing the web. 

Benlam
Paper Tape
Views: 1,157
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! I followed your advice of resetting the memory of the battery and so far so good. I've only lost  1% in the past 6-8 hours, which is really good compared to what I was receiving earlier. 

BlaiseBlanton
Punch Card
Views: 1,154
Message 4 of 4

Great I'm glad that worked for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors