Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheedren
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y50-70 Bios Password

So recently i need to use virtual box to build a practice lab, Intel VT-x is available but not enabled i can only assume because im locked out of the bios setup. Im 99.99% sure i didnt set a password for bios menu. Even if i did, my go to password isnt working, and iv tried for several hours guessing. I tired clearing the Bios by unplugging the ram, battery and cmos battery and holding the power button down for 30 seconds and then plugging in the cmos battery after it power cycles on and off and then one of the ram sticks. That didnt work, because it has a eeprom chip. Remember the password is out of the questions id prefer not to change the mobo or the bios chip if at all possible. My main goal is to enable intel virtualization. But if something else were to go wrong i may need access to my bios setup. Any advice? Thank You.

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 681
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Bios Password

Sorry, but there is no solution other than getting the password or swapping the motherboard

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Cheedren
Paper Tape
Views: 664
Message 3 of 4

Is there a way of enabling Vt-x without bios?

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 630
Message 4 of 4

setting the password is not something that is done accidentily. Confirmations and multiple step to set it make it almost impossible. It also likely you haven't update the bios as that is normally blocked if a password is set. 

Other than pulling the HD in case UFEI is blocking you getting into it. But if you are reaching bios and being asked for the password then you are dead (motherboard is not accessible.)

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors