Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justas9518
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,203
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Y50-70 Blue Screens playing witcher 3 or Far cry 4

Hey guys, 

Im writing, because I started worry about my brand new laptop. It's Lenovo Y50-70 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 86M (4GB) graphic car, 8Gb RAMs, Intel Core 4k. Gen 2.5Ghz processor and some more cool stuff, (Which I thought will be very usefull using this laptop) So now to the problem, when I installed operating system which is Windows 8.1 pro, drivers just started going nuts. First Intel graphic card drivers... They just dissapeard, so I tried to reinstall it and write a again a new ones, but now when I tried to watch some youtube videos it just don't load it... Ok second one was touchpad, nowadays we can easily use two fingers to scroll down/up, but with my laptop it was impossible, the pointer was just jumping... So i found somewhere drivers and now it just looks fine. So i have similar issues later as well, but the most annoying part is, when I am trying to play witcher 3 or Far cry 4 with minimum settings - I CAN'T!!! The lag is just abnormal. Now I just don't know what to do, it's not fair...  Oh, also when Im trying to start play Witcher 3 computer show me blue screen with text - Your computer found error and now have to restart (or something very similar). Please guys help me with that, I just really want fix this nice looking lenovo.

P.S. sorry for all english mistakes still trying to improve it. Smiley Wink

Admin note; subject edited to better reflect issue

Guru
Views: 1,155
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Blue Screens playing witcher 3 or Far cry 4

Could you please answer these questions -

1) Did your system come with a pre-installed Operating system?

2) Have you installed the latest drivers for both Intel and NVIDIA?

3) Where did you install the drivers from?

4) Could you please post a screenshot of your NVIDIA drivers?

Control Panel > Device Manager > Display

5) Are all your drivers updated from lenovo website?

6) Could you install CPU HWmonitor and see if it displays all your Hardware parts and what temperatures they are operating at?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Justas9518
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,152
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for respond, 

1. No, computer came without operating system.

2. Yes I installed the latest drivers using Geforce experiance

3 and 5. All drivers are from Lenovo official website.

Link to picture/image

Mod comment: Over sized picture converted to link. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

Guru
Views: 1,149
Message 4 of 10

I dont recommend using GeForce Experience to install NVIDIA drivers.

1) Go to Nvidia website, choose your graphics card series and operating system, download the drivers.

2) Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display, right click on NVIDIA GPU and click Uninstall.

3) Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features. Uninstall everything related to NVIDIA.

4) Restart your laptop.

5) Once windows is loaded, wait (atleast 5 minutes) for system to detect the GPU and install graphics drivers automatically.

6 - a) After Step 5, try to play a game and see if there are any issues.

6 - b) If Step 5 does not happen (after wait), install the drivers downloaded in Step 1.

7) Download and Run "CPU HWMonitor". Try to play a game and see any issues.

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Justas9518
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,134
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for help man, now I can run the game, but still games are lagging. Anyway, thanks! 

Guru
Views: 1,129
Message 6 of 10

For witcher 3, turn the hair animation (hair physics) OFF, turn some more settings to medium and then run the game.

I dont think it should lag.

UnderPL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,119
Message 7 of 10

To get approximately 60fps in the witcher 3 with a lenovo y50, I run it at low 1600x900
Justas9518
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,110
Message 8 of 10

Yesterday I was playing The Witcher 3, of course with huge lag... Even settings were set on low. But today again I've got screen like this:

Link to picture/image

And CPU HW monitor shows me this:

Link to picture/image

It starts pissing me off, because I paid money not for browsing internet. Of course games are not my priority, but engineering programs also are working not like it should. To conclude something is wrong with this laptop, I thought could it be Windows? I always used Windows 8.1 Pro, but maybe this Lenovo Y50-70 don't like it? Because I tried re-intsall and install again drivers hundret of times. I hope it won't be manufacturer issue.

Mod comment: Over sized pictures converted to links. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

Guru
Views: 1,102
Message 9 of 10

Maybe your windows installation is corrupted or this is a hardware problem.

In any case, you need to contact the person/shop/compamy from where you bought it.

Good luck.

Guru
Views: 646
Message 10 of 10

Just came back here to help with some witcher 3 settings.

I just installed Witcher 3 and it played well. At 1366*768 resolution and Water effects, Terrain, Textures, Details, Grass density all set to ULTRA I was getting between 32-40 fps.

At high settings the fps stayed between 29-38.

Ofcourse hairworks, Occlusion, AA were off and shadows/Background characters/Foliage distance were set to medium.

Witcher 3 really works on the following -

Laptop Y510p - gpu - 755m SLI 

Laptop Y700 - gpu - R9 m375

I see no reason that it should not give you a solid 30-40 fps on 1366*768 with high sharpness on y50-70

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors