Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diablo108
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,077
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50-70 Dual Monitor

I'm looking for a bigger monitor setup with my laptop because i don't have a desktop.

The options i'm considering is one ultrawide or a dual monitor setup.

Now i was thinking, if it's even possible for my laptop to support two monitors.

My hardware specs are:

Nvidea Geforce GTX 960M 

16 GB ram

intel core i7-4720HQ CPU 2.60GHz

i'm fairly new with this kind of things, so don't know what would be possible.

The laptop has only 1 VGA and 3 USB ports

i read on other (closed) Threaths, that i would be able to use a USB 3.0 to HDMI / DVI Video Graphics Card Adapter.

But would a VGA splitter work too?

i got a HDMI to VGA adapter. So was thinking about using that to connect two monitors.

My questions are now:

Does the laptop even support a dual monitor setup?

Would a VGA splitter work with only one HDMI to VGA adapter connected on the laptop?

If not, would a ultrawide work?

Or is there a other way to connect two monitors with only one HDMI?

Homin
Token Ring
Views: 1,048
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Dual Monitor

The only setup I've try is only 1 external monitor (1 on laptop and another via HDMI port).

But I heard a lot of people using USB 3.0 HDMI Converter and successfully connect a Third Monitor (or 2nd external monitor) into the Y50-70. So, The answer to your question is... Yes, it is possible. Also, from the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 specification. It can support to maximun of 3 Display Device.

I did not talk about Nvidia GTX 960m specs since the one who have control over all monitors is Intel 4600.

Edit : More clearification.

IDK if the splitter will added the monitor to the Laptop. But the very old VGA splitter I've once own did not add the monitor to the laptop. Even I have like 4 monitors connected to 1 HDMI port via splitter, they will have same image output. As the laptop recognize the 4 monitors as 1 display (the splitter did split the signal send to display and not the display itself).

If you want control over each monitor as individual display device, the only option is USB display converter (either VGA/DVI/HDMI etc. is your choice).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors