Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windzal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,146
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y50-70 Hard Drive replacement and OS install

Hello guys.

I have Lenovo Y50-70 and I want to replace the old 1TB HDD+8GB SDD to a new 1TB HDD that I just ordered. The reason being is that there's something wrong with the old one - it makes a strange noise, makes my computer frozen and now the laptop doesn't even boot up as it gets stuck on the black screen. Now, since I didn't get neither windows copy (like DVD) nor activation key, I'm wondering where should I find and how should I install the same Windows 10 on my new HDD? How to copy the Windows from the old to a new HDD if I can't boot up my PC with the old one? The help would be really aprreciated.

P.S: I used to have Windows 8, but later upgraded it to Windows 10 automatically when it was released.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,108
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Hard Drive replacement and OS install

@Windzal wrote:

Hello guys.

I have Lenovo Y50-70 and I want to replace the old 1TB HDD+8GB SDD to a new 1TB HDD that I just ordered. The reason being is that there's something wrong with the old one - it makes a strange noise, makes my computer frozen and now the laptop doesn't even boot up as it gets stuck on the black screen. Now, since I didn't get neither windows copy (like DVD) nor activation key, I'm wondering where should I find and how should I install the same Windows 10 on my new HDD? How to copy the Windows from the old to a new HDD if I can't boot up my PC with the old one? The help would be really aprreciated.

P.S: I used to have Windows 8, but later upgraded it to Windows 10 automatically when it was released.

Just download Microsoft Media Creation Tool and run it. Select the Win 10 version that is installed in the unit. Note do not download other versions since you need to provide the product key during installation. If you select the correct version you should not be required to enter the product key.

Windzal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,095
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Hard Drive replacement and OS install

Installed Windows just now. Thanks bro!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors