Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,398
Message 11 of 19

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Intel HD graphics drivers for windows 8(r) stopped responding

@Woette wrote:

The latest intel driver (provided by intel) for the hd 4600 does not want to install on my laptop aswell.

I've followed your provided steps and when the install starts, i get the same message.

I then went to the lenovo support site to see which driver they provide/recommend for the intel HD graphics card and compared this to the driver installed on my system: they were different.

I installed the lenovo driver and got a message that i was reverting to an older driver. I've not had the problem since and it occured about once a day.
I always got the error message when 'walking around' in google street view and this seems to have gone.

To make it work you need to uninstall the present driver. Use DDU.

Woette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,393
Message 12 of 19

I think it worked by just installing the older driver from the lenovo website.

I did get a prompt telling me that it was going to remove the current driver and installing one older than the previous one.

When cheking the driver details in the configuration screen, it clearly says i'm running the one from the lenovo website.

So i think all is good.

I'll keep your reply in mind if the problem should arise again.

psanozidis
Paper Tape
Views: 1,240
Message 13 of 19

I'm facing the exact same problem. I also had a similar problem with my broadcom wireless card. I don't think that rolling back to older driver versions is the solution . I think that Lenovo should do something for us , the average users, that spent over 1000 euros to buy something , which i think they're still experimenting. I've visited several international forums and official forums. Ok, windows 10 with their updates, have several issues. But who's responsibility to solve them? Lenovo as a company ( and not us as few simple owners- consumers ) should force to find a general solution, otherwise it will loose customers. I was a 10 + year hp customer and changed for similar issues...

liftmys10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,090
Message 14 of 19

Ive been having this same issue ever since I bought my laptop.  My y50-70 came with windows 8 but I quickly upgraded to win10.  Lenovo, any solutions here????   I can replicate it when i use Googe Maps --> Street View.

ymfx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 15 of 19

I've found the solution to this problem:

Go to Device Manager --> Update Driver Software --> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer --> Choose Microsoft Basic Display Driver -> Install

Now you should have Microsoft Basic Display Driver as your driver.

Now, repeat the process above, but this time, instead of pick up from list, choose the unzipped Intel driver folder which you downloaded from Intel, and this time it will let you install

liftmys10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,034
Message 16 of 19

I have tried that before on my y50-70.   After restart, my laptop did not enter into win10.  I had to use the onekey button and enter in safe mode to delete the intel downloaded driver and reinstall the driver from lenovo's website (which is old).  Once i did that, i was able to enter win10.  

I thought i did something wrong the first time so i retried it all again with no luck.  I had to again enter as safe mode to reintall lenovo's intel driver.

Have you truly had success?  Are you running win10??  I made sure i downloaded 64bit driver etc etc... for the intel 4600hd.

ymfx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,030
Message 17 of 19

Yes. Windows 10  with 4600 HD

A picture as proof:

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

ymfx
Paper Tape
Views: 1,025
Message 18 of 19

Try uninstall current driver before installing Microsoft basic driver
Highlighted
liftmys10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,012
Message 19 of 19

Thanks, I'm going to try uninstalling, then install basic driver, then 4600HD driver from intels site.

Were you having issues of your Intel 4600hd crashing prior to installing the newer driver?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors