Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hassch
Paper Tape
Views: 2,799
Message 1 of 19

Lenovo Y50-70 Intel HD graphics drivers for windows 8(r) stopped responding

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 on Windows 10 x64.

I am having a really bad time with graphic card. It is crashing all the time with this error "Intel HD graphics drivers for windows 8(r) stopped responding" I don't even know why it show Windows 8(R) while I have Windows 10.

Driver Error.jpg

I have the latest version of the driver that is provided by Lenovo, and I can't install the latest drivers by Intel because they are not accepted by the laptop. I just receive an error message when I try to install the latest version of th driver provided by Intel.

And when I installed intel's update tool I got this.

Driver.JPG

I really need support from Lenovo as this error has been occuring for a long time now.

And thank you in advance.

hassch
Paper Tape
Views: 2,721
Message 2 of 19

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Intel HD graphics drivers for windows 8(r) stopped responding

Is there anyone that can reply please? Any solution?

Anything at all?

Woette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,679
Message 3 of 19

I'am experiencing the same problem, unfortunately i cannot give a solution. I'm also experiencing complete freeze ups of my laptop that can only by cured by a hard reset. Its seriously starting to annoy me now.

Apis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,651
Message 4 of 19

What do the hardware logs say? 

hassch
Paper Tape
Views: 2,621
Message 5 of 19

Windows Event log:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Display" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID> 
  <Level>3</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-20T10:24:37.659044200Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>4757</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>System</Channel> 
  <Computer>Hassen-PC</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>igfx</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

hamed1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,602
Message 6 of 19

Drivers on Lenovo's site,Back to Time 7 months ago
Lenovo support should be updating driver to (15.40 ver) and made customize with laptop y50-70

i am using windows 10 and  i have same problem with you

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,596
Message 7 of 19

hassch wrote:

Is there anyone that can reply please? Any solution?

Anything at all?

To avail of the latest driver from Intel and install it to your unit without error you need to do the following:

Since I don't know the graphics card in your unit lets assume that it is an Intel HD 4600.

Example Intel HD 4600
Locate from Intel's site the Latest available driver: Driver version 15.40.10.64.4300

Two available downloads:
win64_154010.4300.exe
win64_154010.4300.zip

1. Download the zip file and unpack.
2. Go to Device Manager and update the display driver for Intel hd 4600
3. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
4. Select "Browse" and look for the location of unpack win64_154010.4300.zip file
5. Follow instruction.

hassch
Paper Tape
Views: 2,540
Message 8 of 19

It simply doesn't work! I have already tried that.
It always says that windows has already the best version of the driver installed, which is not the latest.

And you can't install the versions from Intel's website because Lenovo is ristricting that! And it says that the driver isn't signed or compatible or I don't know what exactly (My windows is in french so I don't know the exact translation or the error message).

PS: I have discovered that the error occures way more often when the computer is set to "Normal usage" compared to when it's on "High performance"

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,530
Message 9 of 19

hassch wrote:

It simply doesn't work! I have already tried that.
It always says that windows has already the best version of the driver installed, which is not the latest.

And you can't install the versions from Intel's website because Lenovo is ristricting that! And it says that the driver isn't signed or compatible or I don't know what exactly (My windows is in french so I don't know the exact translation or the error message).

PS: I have discovered that the error occures way more often when the computer is set to "Normal usage" compared to when it's on "High performance"

Either you are not reading the steps given or not reading the advice of Intel on how to install their driver manually. And your diagnose that your problem is the graphic card driver might be incorrect (see the title).

So are you sure that your problem is the graphics card driver?

Woette
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,501
Message 10 of 19

The latest intel driver (provided by intel) for the hd 4600 does not want to install on my laptop aswell.

I've followed your provided steps and when the install starts, i get the same message.

I then went to the lenovo support site to see which driver they provide/recommend for the intel HD graphics card and compared this to the driver installed on my system: they were different.

I installed the lenovo driver and got a message that i was reverting to an older driver. I've not had the problem since and it occured about once a day.
I always got the error message when 'walking around' in google street view and this seems to have gone.

Top Kudoed Authors