Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZleMyzteX
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y50-70 Performance Issues

So, i got a Lenovo y50-70 with an i7 2,6 GHZ AND 3,6 GHZ Turbo boost, 8 GB Ram, NVidia 960m 4gb and 1080p.

My Problem now is, that whenever i start a game (like CSGO, GTA V, MW2, Trackmania 2 and more) the CPU clocks itself down to 2,6GHZ. I looked at the Power managment options everything is at 100 %, also the NVIDIA and INTEL settings are all on Max Performance. The funny thing is: When im using google chrome or copying some files, it clocks itself on to 3,6GHZ. I also did some virus scans - everything is OK. I tried to leave chrome open and start a game: BOOOM back at 2,6 ghz... i really dont know what to do - I even reinstalled all the intel and nvidia drivers (but we all know windows 10 is doing its own thing Smiley Tongue

I grateful when someone could help me Smiley Happy

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 292
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Performance Issues

Lenovo designed that processor to disable turbo boost when running CPU hungry applications(This can also be temparature limit or power limit throttling)....... If your temparatures are safe u can use the intel XTU utility to tweak the CPU to your needs..... Smiley Happy

Link here...

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors