Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ahnaft7
Paper Tape
Views: 9,659
Message 1 of 64

Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering

Hi, I have recently purchased my Lenovo Y50 and am starting to get screen flickers. There are horizontal lines flickering and the screen blinks. This is more apparent when the charger is plugged in and when watching videos. I can immediately see the flickers when i turn on my pc, even if the charger isnt plugged in. Can anyone help me solve this issue? It is really bothering me, as it has only been about 2 months since I bought this laptop.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,575
Message 2 of 64

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering

Hi Ahnaft7,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with screen flickering in your Y50-70 laptop.

Connect an external monitor and check for the issue, does this issue persist when the system is plugged in?

Also update the drivers and check for the issue.

Click here for the drivers for windows 7 (32 bit Intel).

Click here for the drivers for windows 7 (64 bit Intel).

Click here for the drivers for windows 8.1 (Intel).

Click here for the drivers for windows 10 (Intel).

Click here for the drivers for windows 7 (32 bit Nvidia).

Click here for the drivers for windows 7 (64 bit Nvidia).

Click here for the drivers for windows 8.1 (Nvidia).

Click here for the drivers for windows 10 (Nvidia).

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

markgolem
Paper Tape
Views: 9,516
Message 3 of 64

Ashwin_Lenovo I am having the same issue. I have a Lenovo Y50-70 on Windows 10. The screen appears to flicker more when the power is plugged in. I attached an external monitor and the issue does not occur when it is connected. I have the linked drivers installed and the issue still occurs.

Hopefully a resolution is known. Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,508
Message 4 of 64

Hi Markgolem,

As you have mentioned that the screen flickers when the adapter is plugged in, does this issue occurs when only on battery?

Try to move the LCD back n forth and check for the issue. If the issue occurs even when connected on battery then it might be issue with the LCD, please visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

markgolem
Paper Tape
Views: 9,502
Message 5 of 64

As far as I can tell it does not happen on just battery power. I just installed the new energy manager and the issue continues.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,499
Message 6 of 64

Hi Markgolem,

Try with different adapter if available; also try with different power sockets. If still the issue persists then it might be issue with the hardware, please visit the nearest service centre.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

kjartan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 9,466
Message 7 of 64

my screen only flickers when when connected to ac and power plan is balanced. when on battery it does not flicker on balanced or high performance. so only flickers on ac and balanced power plan

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,447
Message 8 of 64

Hi Kjartan1984,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with screen flickering in your Lenovo Y50-70 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the flickering occurs only when connected to the AC it might be issue with the grounding.

You can also try to update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Click here for the BIOS update.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

kjartan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 9,407
Message 9 of 64

but why does it only flicker on ac and power plan set to BALANCED. on high performance its ok

Manudel96
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,400
Message 10 of 64

The BIOS Update did not fix anything for me

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals