Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olavski
Paper Tape
Views: 2,806
Message 31 of 64

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering

I tried everything. Seriously everything. I tried the BIOS update, different Intel HD graphics updates. Msconfig stuff and much more. Still the blinking is not gone. It drives me crazy, I bought this laptop for 1349 Euro and within a year the screen starts blinking. It's the first time I'm trying a windows laptop instead of a Macbook. Most stupid idea ever. 
Everything is much more complicated.

If it's a hardware problem, then give a solution! What do i need to do to solve it?

Guru
Views: 2,798
Message 32 of 64

Send it in for repairs. Could be a faulty connection or even gpu damage (probably overheating for too long)

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

DetoxInfinity
What's DOS?
Views: 2,760
Message 33 of 64

many people have sent them back but when they recive a new one it has the same problem.

JanKowalski
Punch Card
Views: 2,619
Message 34 of 64

Hello all,

I think that all of these problems with flicker are connected with cpu usuage/speed. I've tried using throttlestop and I observed, that if I locked cpu speed (using multiplier lock) to above specific limit (for me is from example 3ghz), the screen goes crazy, the more speed, the more flickering occurs. I have a theory about why resetting wire to lcd panel helps. It helps me too for short amount of time (few days) and problem returns. I might that connection is not a problem. Simply touching this wire solve the problem, so there may be problem with grounding this wire or something. Look at this metallic shield covering whole cable. It maybe must be grounded somewhere.

Regards.

vinux181
What's DOS?
Views: 2,103
Message 35 of 64

God bless you man! You saved my life after 1 month frustration. 

nhd68
Paper Tape
Views: 2,092
Message 36 of 64

Come on, man! WHAT  exactly works for you?!!

Highlighted
fjhuerta
Punch Card
Views: 2,089
Message 37 of 64

My display flickers so much, I can't use my computer. I'm going to try grounding the wire as per the instructions here, and will be back with the results. Unfortunately, I've seen that everytime I take the computer apart it takes as much as one week for the flicker to be back, so I'll have to be patient.

nhd68
Paper Tape
Views: 2,087
Message 38 of 64

PLease, could you be more specific - which wire exactly ? Did you open the screen or the laptop bottom?

fjhuerta
Punch Card
Views: 2,075
Message 39 of 64

Not the op,  but.  Take out the bottom panel, and you'll see on the upper right corner a ribbon cable.  It goes to the display panel.  The idea here is to take aluminum foil and wrap  some of it around the ribbon.  Then ground that aluminum foil to the chassis. 

fjhuerta
Punch Card
Views: 2,049
Message 40 of 64

I've disassembled so many times this pos some plastic broke.  I glued it with epoxy and wrapped the foil around the wire and grounded it.  Last chance for this machine.  If this doesn't work...  Ah. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors