Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 39,764
Message 11 of 64

Re: Lenovo Y50-70 Screen Flickering

Was the BIOS update supposed to fix the flickering? If so, I will try to do that.

kjartan1984
Paper Tape
Views: 39,744
Message 12 of 64

POBLEM SOLVED. updating bios fixed the broblem for me, thanks Smiley Happy

ADMIN EDIT - While hardware could be the cause in some cases, Lenovo has also determined that these symptoms may also be caused by downlevel BIOS.  

Please see this tip from Lenovo - it is in the process of being updated to also include recommendations to update the Video driver and to make a setting change.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht104147

Change the Panel Self-Refresh setting to “disable” in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 39,723
Message 13 of 64

Hi Kjartan1984,

I am glad to know that your query has been answered. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Cheers!Smiley Happy

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Diego3
Punch Card
Views: 39,709
Message 14 of 64

For the moment it looks like also my PC got much better after updating the BIOS. Only when on battery and the first seconds when the screen is switching on it looked like blinking. I will try more when I get home later and post it here. THANKS!
yuraj
Blue Screen Again
Views: 39,690
Message 15 of 64

I had no flicker on my Y70-70 touch at all from yesterday to now with latest bios Smiley Wink Problem solved, nice!

Diego3
Punch Card
Views: 39,652
Message 16 of 64

FALSE ALARM. I switched on the PC yesterday and :
- some initial flickering when switching from the Login screen to Desktop but very quickly stable.
- On desktop mode all looked good but when I launched OPERA the flickering got very bad and even worse than before for a few seconds lets say 30-40.
- Quickly got to stable and I managed to browse and check pictures, run a couple of other software , emails without any flickering or just very rarely.
Basically is much much better than before after the initially strange amount of blinking/flickering.

This morning I switched on and no flickering when I launched Opera but just a little bit when it switched from log in to desktop.

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED BUT IS NOW MUCH BETTER , WILL KEEP ON TESTING..

eron2894
Blue Screen Again
Views: 39,615
Message 17 of 64

Alright, the bios update did not help me at all, flickering still occurs. 

Diego3
Punch Card
Views: 39,573
Message 18 of 64

After more testing I can definitely say that flickering/blinking has improved but the problem has not been solved by the BIOS and drivers update.

ALSO yesterday I used UBUNTU for a long time and started experiencing some BLINKING and FLICKERING too! 

I will try and play games because for the moment when I play games the screen is perfect. 

nhd68
Paper Tape
Views: 39,410
Message 19 of 64

Problem solved! After trying to find new drivers, that don’t exist, browsing forums and tried all stupid advices - clean the power supply jack, readjust screen resolution and screen refresh rate etc., finally I just went to Device Manager and check the driver, and just find that there was evidently new driver installed before the purchase (probably because my model is with the new FHD LED Display, so I have an option to “roll back the old driver”, which I did and “voila” – no more flickering, picture is perfect!

wwood
Paper Tape
Views: 39,364
Message 20 of 64

My Y50-70 screen has been blinking like crazy since I bought it last June. Called tech support several times, tried new drivers, but nothing worked. They finally sent me a new AC adapter because the screen did not blink running on battery, only when plugged in. But the new AC adapter did not stop the blinking, if anything it got worse.

Yesterday (10/13/15) I read about the BIOS upgrade (v 3.03)and applied it immediately. Finally the blinking is gone!!! Been running the computer all day and zero blinks, hope it stays that way.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors